Black To Brown??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEPHC195

Reaction score
I recenlty dyed my hair from light brown to black at home!!
I hate it and want to go back to brown.
I am just wondering though if you can lighten your hair yourself or if its best I go to the hair dressers!!

Go to the hairdressers, if you do it at home there is a very good chance it will go wrong.

definitely go to the hairdressers, only a professional will be able to sort it out properly! If you try and do it yourself you will probably end up having to go and getting someone to sort it afterwards anyway! Take it fom someone who has learned from experience (and now has a hairdresser best friend!)
:hug:

tint wont lift tint,

so will need to be bleached!

definetly wouldnt advise that yourself! (speaking from experience!)

:hug:

you need to go to a professional hairdressers as alan27 said tint wont lift tint so itll need to be bleached to lighten the hair abit then youll be able to have it back to brown

it might make it easier for your hairdresser and also easier on your hair if you can get it to fade a bit before you get it done.

I have heard head and shoulders can make colour come out a bit!!

at least if a bit of the black has faded out it will be a bit easier to get it to brown, afterall, ou dont want to have to bleach your air more than neccesary.

i always use the original vosene if i want to fade a colour on my hair!

doesnt happen often, my hairs always platinum and pink!

make sure its the original one though!

:)

ohhh vosene!! i remember using that as a wee girl! lol.
i shall remember to keep well away from that then, seeing as my hair is bright red and fades enough as it is!! lol.

i use to love vosene!

it used to come in a green-ish bottle and be a nice shape and i liekd how you turned the lid!

haha! me and my dad always used it!

wish salon shampoo's were in a cool bottle liek that!

*Alan on the phone to accountant* "But i dont care if its £30 per 100ml more than the other one, it comes in a cooler bottle"

i use to love vosene!

it used to come in a green-ish bottle and be a nice shape and i liekd how you turned the lid!

haha! me and my dad always used it!

wish salon shampoo's were in a cool bottle liek that!

lmao!

jsut like me!

i refuse to use paul mitchell shampoo as i dont like the bottle!

i like Tigi's bottle! its pink!

or schwarzkopf!

Also head an d shoulders will tone it down.

Thanks for all your suggestions, I'm getting used to being dark now and think I quite like it!!
I shall just wait for it to fade naturally and then probably go lighter in the summer!!

Thank you everyone:)

I went to my hairdressers yesterday to see if my jet black hair could be lightened, they did a strand test at the back and one from the front, strand from the frong lightened one from the back was still same colour. Had a funky cut and now I am glad that I never had it lightened as I do like it now its had a cut.

Latest posts

Back