Black to red to blonde

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monique21

Reaction score
I am a hairdresser myself but would like a second opinion. I am a base 6 and went black with box colour, then bleached and went a vibrant red, base 8. Black is still showing through on midlenghts and ends. I now want to go blonde. I need advice on the strength of peroxide, timing and best techniques. Also which toner to use. I still want my hair to be healthy!
Thanx!

I am a hairdresser myself but would like a second opinion. I am a base 6 and went black with box colour, then bleached and went a vibrant red, base 8. Black is still showing through on midlenghts and ends. I now want to go blonde. I need advice on the strength of peroxide, timing and best techniques. Also which toner to use. I still want my hair to be healthy!
Thanx!

It will take a lot of time to get blonde not just one go! I did the same and had to walk around orange for a while. I used goldwell colour stripper then done full head foils once a week. Got there eventually x

Id be patient and bleach bath the darker bits so that way your not destroying the lighter bits xx

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

also loreal p01 toner i love it x

Sent from my GT-S5830 using SalonGeek

I'd suggest you see a fellow hairdresser to ensure that damage is limited as if your bleaching/cleansing I can't imagine it's easy to do on yourself!

Take your time when colouring and dont rush it and want the colour straight away or it can damage your hair. Highlights and slowly lighten is a good way x

Latest posts

Back