Blackheads

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone,

in the treatment range i use (Sothys) there is a product called desquacrem, this is the best stuff i have ever used, and i used to use dermalogica and thought the scaling fluid was good (not that is isn't!). You put the desquacrem on like a cleanser, then remove it with a flannel, put some water on your hands and lather up the skin again, without adding anymore product, and remove, lather up a third time and remove for good.

This stuff lifts the blackheads out so they are just sitting on the surface and with the tisues on the fingers you just squeeze ever so gently and they all come out. If there are any left under the skin, don't attempt to squeeze them advise the client to come back to complete a course of facials, they can't expect it to be done in one fowl swoop!

I don't ever steam the skin, infact i don't even own a steamer, as with this system it's just not needed. I don't think re steaming and trying again does any good to the skin, if the client comes back, and keeps up a good home routine the deep blackheads will work their way to the surface in time. The client must be patient, we're not miracle workers!!

o's & x's

Kate

Desincrustation was taught in my NVQ3 as part of electrical facials (nothing to do with dermalogica) which is probably why you havn't heard of it yet. xxx

I see, thank you!

I don't think re steaming and trying again does any good to the skin, if the client comes back, and keeps up a good home routine the deep blackheads will work their way to the surface in time. The client must be patient, we're not miracle workers!!

I fully agree and I've never heard of anyone REsteaming, but it does help to open the pores ... and every little helps!

In the Guinot Hydradermie facial, we use galvanic current (desincrustation) to help loosen the little monsters. After galvanic I would do an extraction using the tissue & fingers method, they come out quite easily.

Such an interesting read from following my question. Thank you geeks for the advice.

Love ya all!"!!!!!

a good steam and extraction using the tissue method will often work (personally i don't like comedone extractors)

although if a client has lots of blackheads you will find it hard to do extraction in a 1 hour facial

i was taught to advise a course of treatments or charge more for extra treatment time

Latest posts

Back