Bleach and 50 vol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sugarplumfaery

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm not sure if you have seen these posts on the Olaplex users Facebook but they're really disturbing me!!

What are you're thoughts? USA users, is this common practice? Even with Olaplex on the scalp that's still 40 vol/12%!

The highest I go is 20 volume on the scalp - even with Olaplex.

No way!! Not a chance would i ever even put 30vol near the scalp never mind 50vol!

Never, ever, ever.

Are they actually using it on the scalp?

I assumed the colourists were only mixing a higher volume developer to counteract the Olaplex slowing development slightly on non clay based bleaches. I think I saw mention of 70 vol...
Is that not the case then? :oops:

I've seen videos where they used 40 or 50 vol. On scalp. Literally couldn't believe it.

I think it's fine if used propperly, for example if doing a Balyage over dark tinted hair and using olaplex I think 50 would be fine

I think it's fine if used propperly, for example if doing a Balyage over dark tinted hair and using olaplex I think 50 would be fine

I definitely agree with this but on scalp not a chance!

Hey guys, I'm not sure if you have seen these posts on the Olaplex users Facebook but they're really disturbing me!!

What are you're thoughts? USA users, is this common practice? Even with Olaplex on the scalp that's still 40 vol/12%!

The highest I go is 20 volume on the scalp - even with Olaplex.

Colorists in the US think they're invincible. It'll catch up to them, one lawsuit at a time.

I know it's fine to use open air colouring like balayage but they are using on scalp.

Steven Robertson did you see that post this morning? It's crazy!

Krisko I'm not sure you are on the Facebook group for Olaplex but I was commenting on the use of bleach and 50 volume on the scalp

I didn't see the video but I know people who have done it. Fools. Chemical burn central. Post the video link! 50 volume shouldn't even exist! Just slow down and enjoy the process world.

Well no 50 vol on scalp is just silly... However it was common practice in the 80's!

Well no 50 vol on scalp is just silly... However it was common practice in the 80's!
That is so crazy! Everything in the 80's was such an exaggeration I feel like! I guess they're all still alive.

It sure was, I had 60 vol on scalp at the age of 15. It was the done thing back then and it hurt like hell might I add.

Snap...literally.
Mine all snapped off after a bleach job from a mobile hairdresser mid-eighties.
It was awful.
Good job I managed to rock the Annie Lennox look back then. :)

Snap...literally.
Mine all snapped off after a bleach job from a mobile hairdresser mid-eighties.
It was awful.
Good job I managed to rock the Annie Lennox look back then. :)
Mine did to 1983 it was like jelly yuk,I had half inch of hair thank god it was with a cap! Or id have had no scalp. I didnt rock it either I cried for weeks (perverse really got me into hairdressing) no no no to on scalp.:mad:

I' bet no one had soft hair in the 80s! Bleach and 60vol through the cap then a perm a few weeks later!!!

Latest posts

Back