Bleach bath then high lift tint.OK?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squeakygeek

Reaction score
Being really thick and insecure here as 2nd time this week, I have asked advise, but I must get this right....
I am gonna bleach bath a tinted base 3 to orange/ yellow and then putting a 6.1 or 7.1 throughout ( depending on potosity, but end result to be a 6). I am also wanting blonder streaks through randomly for break up. If I have bleach bathed up can I then use 12/11 and some streaks of 12/0. I know they cant be used on tinted hair, but when pre-lightened, it is alright. Yeah?
thanks in advance :)

Hi again.

Yes that should be ok. :) I would use 6% peroxide with those blonde tints. Just keep an eye on the condition of the hair.

If the hair is bleached very pale yellow, you can then use 3% peroxide.

I forgot to say. YOUR NOT THICK. Just wary. :lol::lol::lol:

once you have bleach bathed the whole head, i would weave in the high lift highlights then do the rest of the colour around the foils, this saves the hair from an extra process

once you have bleach bathed the whole head, i would weave in the high lift highlights then do the rest of the colour around the foils, this saves the hair from an extra process
This is what I would do too! Also, do remember that you tinted your hair to a base 3.. When you use tint and peroxide, the peroxide takes away the natural colour and replaces the hair shaft with the tint so..high lift tint will NOT lift the rest of your orange because it is previous colour! Tint cannot lift tint no matter what colour it is! You could try colourgraphics by Matrix using blueberry with 22 developer, this will counteract the brassiness and lift at the same time. It also contains omega3 so more condition than bleach but if u don't know anyone who uses it then stick with tonys quote..bleach bath- Shed loads of back to back foils and tint in between! That's the best way to be honest!

thank you for the reassurance and advice. Yes I am very wary because the lady in question is really really loud and foul mouthed!! (But otherwise very nice) Yes toni, I like to do the highlights in foils first then tint between, I seem to do alot of clients this way, even features on our price list.

cool! its a great way to do it and is better on the hair, but seems such a hassle at the time getting in between all the foils! but worth it in the end :D

phew...all done and she is happy. used 6.1 and 7.1 and got a nice result. :lol:

phew...all done and she is happy. used 6.1 and 7.1 and got a nice result. :lol:

Hiya,

Can I busy nosey and ask what volume peroxide did you use and how long roughly was it on for. I've got almost identical one to do Monday, base 4 with a plum tone boxed colour, I'm only lifting enough to put on a base 5.8 chocolate brown. Wanted to use 10vol but cam you believe Sallys didn't have any today?

Thank you in advance. See you're not thick, that's what this site is for, advice, help and some reassurance.

Sharon x

for the bleach bath i used scoop bleach scoop 6% and scoop shampoo and just brought it up to red/orange because was scared of the condition. I then used 6% with the tint and it was still very warm, (she specified she hated ash tones). I think when you are using darker bases the warmth is muffled, so less risky

you can always make 10 vol yourself by mixing a half 20 vol and half water. You really shouldnt have to leave the pre-lighten on very long at all. The tint after would be about 30 minutes...good luck

you really dont need to bleach bath this at all! its not a colour correction or pre-lightening service. think of the condition of your clients hair and also compatability issues with bleach and a home box colour! your only lifting one shade on the root area, so 6% is plenty, depending on the shade of the plum colour through the length 3% should do it! :)
Hiya,
Can I busy nosey and ask what volume peroxide did you use and how long roughly was it on for. I've got almost identical one to do Monday, base 4 with a plum tone boxed colour, I'm only lifting enough to put on a base 5.8 chocolate brown. Wanted to use 10vol but cam you believe Sallys didn't have any today?

Thank you in advance. See you're not thick, that's what this site is for, advice, help and some reassurance.

Sharon x

Thank you both of you. I was toying between just going with the colour or lifting the box tint out. As I don't generally take on new clients for the hairdressing side of my business I generally know my clients hair inside out and any new ones I take on I wouldn't go straight in there, but this lady is desperate. If she was a regular I'd know how her hair would take, I'd give em a good rollicking for putting a box colour on, then put it right! Can't do that with newbies lol! She has about 1 inch root of base 4 that naturally has a lot of auburn running through it, then the rest is this plum colour which isn't overally vibrant. Hair is in good condition. I did toy with putting the tint on the mid lengths and ends with 20 vol first leave for 10mins then apply to roots.

Thank you again

hey, just do the tint hun, will be fine, would just use 3% on lengths though to deposite the colour and 6% on roots for a little lift!:)
Thank you both of you. I was toying between just going with the colour or lifting the box tint out. As I don't generally take on new clients for the hairdressing side of my business I generally know my clients hair inside out and any new ones I take on I wouldn't go straight in there, but this lady is desperate. If she was a regular I'd know how her hair would take, I'd give em a good rollicking for putting a box colour on, then put it right! Can't do that with newbies lol! She has about 1 inch root of base 4 that naturally has a lot of auburn running through it, then the rest is this plum colour which isn't overally vibrant. Hair is in good condition. I did toy with putting the tint on the mid lengths and ends with 20 vol first leave for 10mins then apply to roots.

Thank you again

Latest posts

Back