Bleach/Blonde-please help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xLozx

Reaction score
I am a hairdresser..and don't know why but I struggle more with my own hair than with any of my clients!!
I am naturally a base 7-8 with warm tones, been having bleach highlights and got fed up of the roots had a mad moment and put bleach on my scalp..used matrix v light... lifted well but yellow and lighter than my existing highlights. toned after with a goldwell colorance 10v and its better but still glowing!
im lost now with what to do?
I love being blonde, but happy to go even a little darker with highlights between..just hate the warmth.need to tone this down! any suggestions?!

I done exactly the same thing, my roots were yellow and my ends were white. I used clynol kystal tone shot straight on dry hair and washed it off after a few minutes, toned it right down x

I have loreal infini on roots and a po1 luo toner to get rid of warmth. Xx

I am a hairdresser..and don't know why but I struggle more with my own hair than with any of my clients!!
I am naturally a base 7-8 with warm tones, been having bleach highlights and got fed up of the roots had a mad moment and put bleach on my scalp..used matrix v light... lifted well but yellow and lighter than my existing highlights. toned after with a goldwell colorance 10v and its better but still glowing!
im lost now with what to do?
I love being blonde, but happy to go even a little darker with highlights between..just hate the warmth.need to tone this down! any suggestions?!

Use a base 9 with a violet tone, it'll bring it down more and the tone will be slightly stronger in the base 9

Loreal infinie and colour touch 9/16

Why don't you just use a hi lift blonde mixed with an intense ash? Such as a Koleston 12/0 with 12/11 or maybe a 12/89? That would maybe give you quite a nice natural creamy result, and it looks softer

Sean Collins Hairdressing Glasgow

I agree, I often use Wella Koleston 12/89 as a toner as I love the end result. Just be careful to keep it away from those white ends as much as possible to avoid the ash grabbing hold before it has time to tone the root.

10/69 and pastel in illumina will do the trick

I would also say you need to bring the toner level down, Is it just yellow or a bit orangey too? Depending on what level undertone you've exposed a level 8 will have gold / yellow, a level 9 will have yellow and a level 10 will have pale yellow.

The mistake that is often made is the toner used isn't dark enough and doesn't contain enough tone to eliminate the unwanted undertone. I would probably use an 8 or 9av.

If you want it lighter you would have to rebleach to achieve a pale yellow.

thanks for the advice, although I haven't for a while now but I used to have highlift and tried 12/89 and 12/1..still was quite warm. My hair has alot of gold in it. boo! :(

Yes ur right about needing a darker toner, as someone else said. I will give it a go with a 9. My hair has no orange in it, i would say it's mostly yellow..in places pale yellow. Goldwell do an express toning range in tones 9 or 10..silver, champagne or creme. Has anyone used them before? Which 1 would be best to use if so?
Thanks again for everyone's suggestions :)

Latest posts

Back