Bleach highlights change to sand colour

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulette

Reaction score
Sister is due week after next she nows wants to change the bleached areas on her hair to be a sandy caramel shade instead of the bright blond.

she will have a bit of regrowth a natural level 4/5 we will do either weaved or fine slices, she only had literally the front hairline and sides blonde the rest is a colourtouch 6/73.

Any ideas, not sure you see about using the highlift Wella 12/11 for the roots as we did use that once before and it liften to a nice caramel colour on her base which was nice, Im just not sure what to do with the blonde to match up or even if there is a better way? as she will have some natural regrowth which needs to be lightened somehow! perhaps toning the ends using a 9 shade??? Maybe bleaching the roots as normal then toning the lightened areas completely with a toner but not sure what colour would be best!
Not worked in a salon for years so looking for colour help

hey,i would prob bleach the roots up in foils slices or weaves your preference,and then put a toner on them for 10 mins or so,maybe use a colour touch something from the 8 line,anything lighter mite not make a difference or hold that well,i like using loreal gelee or richesse for toners,hope this mite help a little:D

yes bleach the root up and then put a quasi over the blonde to tone down. u must use a golden shade though to knock out any khakiness! i would suggest base 8 or 9 (i useually use 9) and then 8.3, 9.3 with 1.5% developer. will be absolutely fine!!! hth x

Excellent thanks for the help Ill go with using a 9 line then and the warmth, I have universal colour developer will this be ok to use? Also timing is it a case of watching? and only apply for 10 mins or so or? and do I apply over damp or dry, years ago it used to be damp hair after rinsing off the highlights. Thanks
Colour touch or Kolleston perfect? does it matter if Im going to use the universal developer? Just looked at the colour chart and prob thinking the 8.3 looks a better sandy colour as the 9.3 looks a little light ill ask my sister to make the decision on the depth she knows better of what she wants!! I love her but she changes her hair colour more times than she eats hot dinners!!

hi, go with colour touch on damp hair after washing off the beach and towel drying, try to use as little conditioner as poss, but if u need it just leave the colour touch on a little longer. 15-20 mins should do it, as long as the universal developer is 1.5% it will be fine. x

Excellent,thanks for the advice, Ill go get some 1.5% and use the colour touch. Next time Im sure she will change her mind again!! family eh!!

Latest posts

Back