Bleach on grey hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oasis11

Reaction score
Hi can you use bleach on grey hair as I have a client that wants hi lights but regrowth grey rest of hair has been coloured using 7.1. Hence the need to use bleach.:Scared:

Hi can you use bleach on grey hair as I have a client that wants hi lights but regrowth grey rest of hair has been coloured using 7.1. Hence the need to use bleach.:Scared:

What do you think will happen if you use bleach on 'grey' hair?

You already have a topic of the same content and you haven't filled in your personal profile to say you're a hairdresser. If you fill it in you'll get help from other geeks.

Sorry must of missed ticking the hairdressing box.
I dont think bleach will do anything to grey hair. Client wants bleach hi lights, and has grey regrowth on coloured hair.

Sorry must of missed ticking the hairdressing box.
I dont think bleach will do anything to grey hair. Client wants bleach hi lights, and has grey regrowth on coloured hair.

So what are your ideas?

Apply 7. 1 to get even colour then add bleach hi lights but not sure if this will work. That's why I wanted some advice .....

I know bleach on grey won't do anything however. Whenever I use bleach on grey it always give a tint of gold.

Apply 7. 1 to get even colour then add bleach hi lights but not sure if this will work. That's why I wanted some advice .....

I would bleach highlights. With 10vol on roots and maybe 20 on ends then in between use the. 7.0 and 7.1 as you wish. And then after tone the highlights im pretty sure it will work. Always does for me at least. How much grey is she?

About 80% got about regrowth

If she's grey the 7.1 won't cover it. Have you been hairdressing for long Hun?

As you know you need base. To cover grey. So a 7.0 is needed with the 7.1.

About 80% got about regrowth[/QUOTE

I'd do as I said. Bleach 10vol ends with 20vol. And then in between the foils colour the regrow.

Do as you said and do your regrowth first. Shampoo, anti oxy and dry then foil. If she's definitely 80% white then that is a lot. You don't want to do foil highlights and then flood a colour inbetween. It'll end up patchy. By the way hair isn't grey. The reason it looks grey is because it's a mixture of white and the darker hair, just so you know for future reference.

I know bleach on grey won't do anything however. Whenever I use bleach on grey it always give a tint of gold.

This is because keratin is naturally yellow so you bring that out when bleaching white hair.

This is because keratin is naturally yellow so you bring that out when bleaching white hair.

So am i right in thinking bleaching grey hair will makes a difference?

If this was my client I would just foil and flood in between.

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help

Of course I would add 7/0 to 7/1 did think to state that

Latest posts

Back