Bleaching a beard!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lwoody

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a client that is raising money for charity, he wants his hair and beard bleached blonde ! I will use scalp bleach for head, but not sure about the beard!! Any advice :)

Bead hair is much more course than hair on the head so the result will be far more brassy and wont lift the same. That aside make sure you get him to sign some kind of waver so he doesn't sue the salon if his skin blisters up etc. Remember bleach was never designed to go on the face so cover yourself and make sure the client knows the risks he is taking so it does not question your professional integrity. Good luck :)

I think I would rather just bleach his hair, he has really cropped hair and bald in places,and as I am doing it free for helping him towards his charity funds , I wouldn't like to risk it !

I have see lots of celebrities with bleached beard to white, so that is not impossible. However I have once bleached my friend beard and his skin was very red and it went ginger. we just used a normal bleach anyway that was ages ago. maybe try a cream bleach

Hi all, I have a client that is raising money for charity, he wants his hair and beard bleached blonde ! I will use scalp bleach for head, but not sure about the beard!! Any advice :)

You will need to get a facial hsir bleach. Hairdressing bleach will only lift beard hair to an orange.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

thanks,i will see if any of the warehouses that i use sell it! if not its just his hair to be bleached !

i d use a hair lightner thats designed to be used in the skin. xx

Not to sound patronising, but, even getting him to sign a disclaimer wouldn't stand up in court if he were to sue you. Also your insurance wouldn't cover you as your technically doing something you have no 'qualification' to do (i.e bleaching his beard) ..and using hair bleach on someone's face is against manufacturers instructions.. I would just be careful you can totally trust this guy #justsayin' 😝

I am just going to bleach his hair! The beard is a no go, I think it's important to stay professional at all times, whether it's for charity or not, we have reputations to keek up! Thanks for all your replies 😄

Latest posts

Back