Bleaching and toning

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natsel

Reaction score
hi all looking for some advice.

I am confident and compentant with colouring hair foils/full head tints/the old faithfull cap hightlights.
A customer of mine came in for a cut about 3 months ago and was really pleased with the results, up until I cut her hair she was going elsewhere to have her hair coloured at another salon.

Shes has a pixie style hair cut with about an inch and a half of regrowth ..she is a base 5 and has her hair bleached up until its white and then toned. She wants to go a silver colour, she said the first time she had her hair coloured she was really pleased with the results, but last time she had it done it was bleached up and then toned but her hair turned blue. after a few washes it faded out and shes been using the touch of silver shampoo everytime she washes her hair.

I dont normally do full head bleach (so am debating with myself if is hould or shouldnt do it )but I wanted to ask a few questions first

What is the best form of bleach to use on the scalp with % peroxide?
Is it possible to get a toner to turn the hair silver if so what make?

I know I would have to bleach the roots and not overlap the bleach, but with the toner would it turn out an even colour bearing in mind her hair has been toned on the ends (as I dont know what toner was used previously )

so I supose the main point im asking is , is this colour achieveable with the use of bleach and a toner

many thanks in advance

Easily if u know how ")
Bleach and 6% starting in the nape as this area takes the longest to lift working towards the front leave on untill it reaches a pale yellow (obviously no longer than manufacturers instructions). Personally id tone with 8/81 colour touch and pastel starting at the roots and only emulsyfing through to the ends once it starts to turn as the ends tend to be pourous and grab the tone alot faster. Hope this helps

♥♡

Bleach isn't that scary.. Defiantly lightner &6% i would make the bleach runnier so it doesn't dry out on the scalp and you won't need to re-apply.. No idea with the toner but defiantly make sure it's a 10 level tone as any less will be blue not silver xx

Goldwell express toner in 10 silver is nice! X

Bleach isn't that scary.. Defiantly lightner &6% i would make the bleach runnier so it doesn't dry out on the scalp and you won't need to re-apply.. No idea with the toner but defiantly make sure it's a 10 level tone as any less will be blue not silver xx[/QUOTE

Hi just curious.. what difference does it make if its a level 10 or level 8? I thought the blue would be in the tone not the depth?

♥♡

Bleach isn't that scary.. Defiantly lightner &6% i would make the bleach runnier so it doesn't dry out on the scalp and you won't need to re-apply.. No idea with the toner but defiantly make sure it's a 10 level tone as any less will be blue not silver xx[/QUOTE

Hi just curious.. what difference does it make if its a level 10 or level 8? I thought the blue would be in the tone not the depth?

♥♡
I thought an 8 level blue would be a lot stronger than a 10 level blue as an 8 level would be neutralising orange/yellow tones and a 10 level would be neutralising pale yellow

Bleach & 6% - - - Tone with 9.12 Luo L'oreal, use 6% again to tone... The developer that it recommends is 7.5% - 6% holds it so much long, I'm yet to try it with 3% x

TIGI Copyright Colour True Light is a great powder bleach and can be use on or off scalp, so it's very versatile.

I thought an 8 level blue would be a lot stronger than a 10 level blue as an 8 level would be neutralising orange/yellow tones and a 10 level would be neutralising pale yellow

It depends on the level the blonde is if its a level 9 then go with 9/16 to neutralise yellow or 9/8 to neutralise orange if its a level 10 the use 10/16 or 10/8 if its a level 8 then use 8 and so on the first number is the base the second number is the tone unless you want to bring the base down abit and tone it then you come down a base otherwise stick with the base the blonde is and tone with the correct tone to neutralise with counteracting colours hope that's he's sense lol x

♥♡

Yes your right you would be darkening the base with a level 8 and its a base 8
I have a client who normally has full head bleach toned with 10/8
We tried 8/81 ct it went lovely and silver but a deeper darker shade of silver/grey and we dropped down 2 bases lovely colour thou x

Yes your right you would be darkening the base with a level 8 and its a base 8
I have a client who normally has full head bleach toned with 10/8
We tried 8/81 ct it went lovely and silver but a deeper darker shade of silver/grey and we dropped down 2 bases lovely colour thou x

Because its a base 8*

I swear by the Schwarzkopf Igora Royal 9.5 series when it comes to toning, I like to use 9.5-22 for a really silver finish (although some I know use 9.5-1 for a softer effect). Bleach the roots with 6%, lift them to the palest yellow, then (you can use on wet hair but I tend to use it on dry) apply to the roots, steering clear of the ends. When you reach the silver tone that you want, pull through to the ends at the backwash...should only take a few minutes (if that!) to even out then wash off.

Latest posts

Back