Bleaching full head

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lebelle

Reaction score
Hi iv been hairdressing for over twenty years and need a little advice. No problem with clients it's me ! Lol im wanting to grey illuimior 10/69 , 7/81 mixed half and half . I I've done this loads of times on client bleach tone 10/16 the apply mix of illuimior great results . I'm a bace 6 so need to get a clean 10 but my hair just will not lift that high using blondor cream and 6% any help greatly appreciated

Hi! Were you a natural base 6 all over before you started?

Yes bace 6 natural I some times put a colour touch through it 6/7

Have you already attempted the blonde and it hasnt lifted? Or is this before you started?
If you havent yet I would do a full head of foil slices to help lift x

Done it today bleached twice , I know bad ! Would not do on a client but I'm a hairdresser lol toned with 10/16 and 9/16 and the toned with illuimior 10/69 7/81 plus /81 not quite grey enough but scalp a little red so will re tone few days time any recommendations ?
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1464295030.297251.jpg

Move to Wella innocence. They have better greys

Cant really tell what colour it is in that picture, but it needs to be white before you can get it grey x

Do you use Olaplex? Your hair looks very dry and damaged in the picture.

Hey, not to sound rude, but your hair looks EXTREMELY dry and course from over-processing, your hair definitely requires another bleach, for lift i'd use BlondMe by Schwarzkopf, it gives 9+ levels lift and its the only bleach i actually believe to-date, It lifts my hair platinum in under 30 minutes (though i process for 40-50 because I'm lighter than platinum) and it doesn't dry out too much or really cause any dryness afterwards *ofcourse tht depends from person to person* but it's rather rapid but gentle in my opinion! it;s especially good for knocking out any brassiness, never have any STRONG tones with this bleach, it's perfect in my opinion! I'd use that and process probably for 20 minutes without any foil or anything *don't foil with blondme it'll cause a lot of heat and damage!!!!! this type of bleach isn't for foiling or covering!!) but that can depend how quick u lift, but ur hair still looks like a mousy blonde/dark blonde, are your ends dyed previously? They may need to be cut off it doesnt appear that they've lifted, especially near your face, all in all though you'll probably need to cut your hair into a long bob, maybe with the front layered more towards chin length in order for it to look full, because frankly they're very very sparse now, very thin :c

but make sure you tone your hair also when you bleach it, there can't be any yellow tones or they'll turn green when you put a grey over them, muddy coloured ;@ ew!! So just get it as pale as possible, if it doesn't lift try chelating and clarifying your hair then bleaching again, maybe your hair is coated in buildup of some sort preventing you from achieving an all over good, strong lift

Do you use Olaplex? Your hair looks very dry and damaged in the picture.
Ye, definitely do a few stand-alone olaplex treatments, you want your hair grey but you don't want it damaged :p do a good 2 before your next bleach it'll help with the integrity, maybe add some into your bleach too if it's not feeling to good afterwards, but this might conflict with your scenario of your hair not lifting well

Bleaching twice isn't bad per say, it depends which bleach you use though and how strong your developer is and how long you process each of them, if you do a full process then do one for like half the time you SHOULD in most cases/schenarios be fine, that's your judgement though in person as you're the one with the head on your hair, just don;t continue if the hair's dry though, I never bleach someones hair if it's dry and coarse *chemically coarse* i send them home with Olaplex no.3 and tell them to come back in 2 weeks time, I'd never bleach hair that's compromised even just by dryness because it's only going to be drier afterwards!

Hi everyone thanks for all your replies really appreciated. The condition is ok think the photo is not that good. Really interested in oplex we do not have it in salon asked wella rep they don't stock it where can I get it ( not Internet). I want to re bleach in couple of weeks and retone .

Hi everyone thanks for all your replies really appreciated. The condition is ok think the photo is not that good. Really interested in oplex we do not have it in salon asked wella rep they don't stock it where can I get it ( not Internet). I want to re bleach in couple of weeks and retone .
Aston and Fincher sell olaplex [emoji5]️

What level peroxide do you use with the BlondMe? Do you use it for scalp applications? X

Latest posts

Back