Bleaching problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Hi girls and guys.
I dont do hair, i'm from the beauty side but just thought id pop in here to ask you a quick question if you dont mind.
I go to a hairdresser who highlights my hair with bleach and foil. I have them quite thick and one thing is really annoying me.

At the side of my hair line (above my ear) he always leaves a big gap of roots so it looks like i have regrowth when ive only just had it done. One side always has more than the other. Im thinking that maybe you cant go straight to the roots with highlights as it would go into one block of colour? but surely i shouldnt have this much?

Is there a reason for this? I cant really complain as i dont pay for it, i swap it for spray tans.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :hug:

the colour should be at the roots ,but ive got a few clients whos hair is darker there, and it grows quickly there and is one of the first places to get oily , which all contribute to it being darker or with more root! speak to your hairdresser about it . maybe they could put a brighter colour ,but then the contrast with the root will be even more

the colour should be at the roots ,but ive got a few clients whos hair is darker there, and it grows quickly there and is one of the first places to get oily , which all contribute to it being darker or with more root! speak to your hairdresser about it . maybe they could put a brighter colour ,but then the contrast with the root will be even more

Thank you for your reply hun. My hair is quite dark. But i cant understand why the roots of my parting are fine and not the sides? xxx

maybe they just forgot to put them there? or they slipped down?

Hey hun it sound to me like a bit of laziness on the stylists side sorry.... what i would do is tactfully say I like to wear my hair up and i would like more foils put in around the sides of my hair tell him about it and point it out to him im sure it will be appreciated :green:

Latest posts

Back