Bleaching

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnix

Reaction score
Hi geeks bit of a odd one as it's such a simple question but I really struggle with lifting my bleach up really light when doing balayage or any other free hand technique
When I'm doing caramels and toned blondes it's not an issue as I have no problem removing the orange but today I had a client that had 90% grey and tips off a faded 9 that wanted to go lilac silver balayage/ombre so fairly simple

Now my knowledge to do that is completely clear especially as I'm always researching and I dye my own hair silver

So easy I thought, I had all the right colours and toners in stock but what I struggled with was the simplest part and that's bleaching the hair up light enough
I pre planned to use foil to keep the heat in I used off the scalp bleach with a 30 vol and left for 55 mins 5 mins over put loads of product on

And then I still had to bleach the ends again I used a 40 Vol it was which I would never ever use as it was golden and after numerous toning I was happy with the result (white toner, dialight 9.11 and diluted violet)

I use loreal platine precision am I missing something? Surely a natural salt and pepper and a 9 shouldn't be difficult... Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks guys

Are you using the l'oreal oxydant?
Try using infinie platine you get a much better lift in my opinion👍

I think you would get a cleaner lift with 6%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back