'Bleeding' highlight tint, full head of highlights-why?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

franC

Reaction score
I Have a regular client who always has a full head of highlift colour foils, but today every single one of them 'bled' a bit.
The temperature wasn't that warm, she wasn't moving around a lot.

Has anyone else experienced this after years of successful highlights in the same colour?

I have a lady whos hair is long and heavy i have to put cotton wool inbetween her foils as her heavy hair drags the foils away from the root and the swelling then bleeds. So cotton wool inbetween each foil stops that x

Kind Regards, Ellis :)

You could always use conditioner I between the fools, I sometimes get bleeding with wella high lift tint around the crown area when it's hot but don't know why so normally during the summer I use conditioner in between my foils! X

What do you do when all the foils bleed? Ive had it happen a while back just 1 foil though

Sent from my C6603 using SalonGeek mobile app

I Have a regular client who always has a full head of highlift colour foils, but today every single one of them 'bled' a bit.

Has anyone else experienced this after years of successful highlights in the same colour?

Is it possible she has a build up of minerals on her hair? This could cause the colour to swell and bleed. Consider doing a Malibu crystal gel treatment first if you think it is a possibility.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Is it possible she has a build up of minerals on her hair? This could cause the colour to swell and bleed. Consider doing a Malibu crystal gel treatment first if you think it is a possibility.

was looking at those Malibu packs yesterday during my stock visit and research of products and they looked good, do they work? I don't know anyone that has used them to get feed back. I have a client that has very porous hair at the ends and use 6.46 and its grabbing the depth but not the copper red tone at the ends and unfortunately L'Oreal have discontinued a lot of there dial richness colours so no longer stock it :( was wondering if one of those pack treatments would help.
Also I find if you mix the bleach too much it can cause it to swell in the foils, also making the foils too tight. The conditioner and cotton wool are a good idea :)

Hi Claire, yes they work, definatly worth keeping some on hand! I sometimes use the scalp treatment it makes your scalp and hair feel so clean. I would be careful about using them after colouring, I used it recently to take hair that I toned blue-silver with diarichesse 2.10+9.01 and it completely took all the toner out back to pale yellow (which is what I wanted).

The best match I have found for refreshing 6.46 is Dialight equal parts: 6.64 + 6.45 + 7.43. I find after using the Dialight a couple of times the coppers and reds last really well. Hth

I have been colouring hair and doing foils for 15 years and I have never had a foil bleed, but then this happened to me on Saturday, every single foil and I was using highlift 12/11! I couldn't understand it and its been on my mind since, very strange.

I used matrix ul-a this week and had the same issue. The foils just swelled and some ran at the back. Luckily it was only on my sister.

Will try the cotton wool or conditioner next time.

Wouldnt be so hard on yourself! I know i did the same thing a wile ago 12.1 and 40vol foils more bled than didnt! Its just because hi lift in foils moves so much more than bleach u have to keep the product quite a way out from roots and allow for it to move. And make sure its mixed exactly 1:2 . I pride myself on foiling and it happened to me client didnt notice but i wasnt impressed!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back