Blending tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dobermum

Reaction score
I have just used natural tips on myself. I blended the backside off the tips and used tip blender. I have read the tutorials and looked at previous posts and I can still see the buggers through the overlay.

What am I doing wrong? :irked: Help please

Hi,
can you please tell me what you meant by you used a tip blender?

I have just used natural tips on myself. I blended the backside off the tips and used tip blender. I have read the tutorials and looked at previous posts and I can still see the buggers through the overlay.

I wouldnt bother with tip blender just get yourself the best tips you can some blend much better than others, Send of for some samples and see the difference in the brands.

Do you mind me asking, whose tips are you using at the mo? :hug:

You might want to change the type of tip you are using. I find that some tips are just real buggers to blend because of how thick or opaque they are.

Also what I find helps a bit it to take your file and file the well down on top thin first before gluing them on.

Hi,
can you please tell me what you meant by you used a tip blender?

Tip Blender is a product that contains acetone, some technicians use it along the well area to 'melt' the tip to make it easier for blending. It doesn't make blending any easier to be honest, all it creates in the long run is a service breakdown.
David.

Hi Jane, just had a look at your profile and saw you were still in training. The best tip to use is ABS Virgin Plastic, it will state this on your tip box. Pre-taylor your tips first by taking out the well leaving just a fraction to adhere to the natural nail. De-bulk the tip by filing over the top of the tip before you apply it to the nail. Apply the tip, cut and start blending from the free edge back towards the seam line. Once you get to the seam line you should only have to do a few strokes to blend it to the natural nail. Have a look in the tutorials, Geeg has put up tutorials on blending tips and holding your file making the job so much quicker and easier.HTHS
David

Thanks Geeks. I ws using Young tips that came with my kit at college but I think I will have a shop around. I suppose it's practise and the product...thanks

Thanks David,,,I'll stay clear of them....
As for your next post, thats how I do my blending..

Tip Blender is a product that contains acetone, some technicians use it along the well area to 'melt' the tip to make it easier for blending. It doesn't make blending any easier to be honest, all it creates in the long run is a service breakdown.
David.

HI Jane
as mentioned you do not need tip blenders.....the reason you can still see the tip, could be because your natural nails are quite short ... so no matter how well you blend you will still see where that tip is as its an extension of you natural nail.

I am sure you are quite capable of blending a tip, try it on someone else and see the difference.

ps Thankyou got it in the post yesterday, that was really nice of you x

As stated, check the tutorials first.

To be quite honest, i can never understand after someone has had training they cannot blend tips, unless they have had inadequate training or an ignorant tutor.

If you can't blend tips, you should not be allowed/able to progress to putting acrylic/gel over the top (unless it's to teach you what not to do). Do teachers actually supervise students?

It's quite simple,if you can still see them afterwards, you are not blending properly, next time blend them more, you may even overblend on occasions, if thats the case, blend them less.

Everytime you do a nail (or blend) you should be teaching yourself.

If your teacher is too lazy to supervise/show you, then you will have to learn from your own mistakes!!!!

A secret ingredient for anyone in training is common sense (your own).

Here are some examples of common problems & their solutions:

Tips not buffed in enough = buff em in more (and visa versa)
Nails too thick = make em thinner (and visa versa)
Product too wet = make it dryer (and visa versa)
Too much adhesive = use less adhesive (and visa versa)

Sorry to sound cynical/sarcastic, but sooner or later you do have to go it alone without constant guidance and you have to think for yourself.

Even though we/you/I are very lucky to have a forum such as this, the most important person you should be asking questions of and seeking answers from is YOURSELF.

Also if you are having problems with the "basics" after training (yes tip blending is a "basic" procedure), you should be asking for a refund, as you obviously have not got what you paid for.

I think its also finding the files that work best for you.For some reason i always go back to white blocks and sponge boards.If I get stubborn corners i use a thin gold file.I guess we are all different in how we hold files and what pressure we use.
Make sure whatever you use has enough grit left though.

To be quite honest, i can never understand after someone has had training they cannot blend tips, unless they have had inadequate training or an ignorant tutor.

If you can't blend tips, you should not be allowed/able to progress to putting acrylic/gel over the top (unless it's to teach you what not to do). Do teachers actually supervise students?

It's quite simple,if you can still see them afterwards, you are not blending properly, next time blend them more, you may even overblend on occasions, if thats the case, blend them less.

If your teacher is too lazy to supervise/show you, then you will have to learn from your own mistakes!!!!

Sorry to sound cynical/sarcastic, but sooner or later you do have to go it alone without constant guidance and you have to think for yourself.

Even though we/you/I are very lucky to have a forum such as this, the most important person you should be asking questions of and seeking answers from is YOURSELF.

Also if you are having problems with the "basics" after training (yes tip blending is a "basic" procedure), you should be asking for a refund, as you obviously have not got what you paid for.

very well said nailzoo but i did experience poor teaching and at the time i thought it was good! since then i have self taught through constant research and practice, even taught myself sculptin and have to say it has been the best learning curve ever! Keep practising and you will get there in the end xxxxxxx

Thank you Carl and congratulations on knocking out of me the small amount of confidence I had gained in my training. Please give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done

Thank you Carl and congratulations on knocking out of me the small amount of confidence I had gained in my training. Please give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done

It wasn't meant personally, but if you choose to take it that way, then so be it. Look at what I have said and take it from a "learning perspective".

The best way to get confident is to get better at what you do (my advice was intended as "helping you to help yourself").

If I were you, i'd still be questioning my initial training, as ..... if you were a student of mine, i would never of let you progress to application until you were proficient in blending.

Perhaps if you approach them with your problem (rather than getting the huff) they may offer you some help, if you are willing to accept it.

Latest posts

Back