blending wich is right

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystals

Reaction score
afternoon peeps,
on some pictures i see that when people have blended there tips there is either no visible line atall. and on others there is a sharp visible line. now both look good but which is right.
thanks.....

Hi Diane,

I would say no line at all but could be wrong!!!!!

Caz xxx

hi caz, thats what i thought but i came across a site today that had a picci of a blended tip that had a line across it. but it still looked perfect

Oh I am not sure then lets see who else answers maybe we will find out.

Caz xxx

Can you send me a link of that pic?
I think you blend or don't blend according to choice.

I will either
A) blend for a 'natural' look
or
B) not blend with natural tips to make them look similar to an american manicure with the beige tip and defined smile line.

As per the client's preference.

I'm confused:confused: I thought it was only white tips you don't blend. Can we see the website?
(I don't know what an American manicure is either?)

this is the picture

I've just come back from the bio sculpture tip application course and we were taught to blend until threre was no visable ridge

thats how i was taught, but this is not the 1st time ive seen this. it also shows this on nsi dvd. which i tried and just looks horrid, like youv'e just got a tip and plonked it on the nails with no blending.

crystals said:
this is the picture

This looks like a Raptor tip to me - the Raptors are designed not to be blended. They come in 'well' or 'well-less' They are designed so they are exactly the right thickness at the smile line. All you do is add the pink/clear up to and over the join, and very thinly over the free edge of the tip.

Karen at Nails Plus Beauty sells them over here, they are actually from America - do a search on Raptors and you'll find loads of post about them from back in the Summer.

HTH

crystals said:
this is the picture

I was taught to blend until no visible line - could this be done because a client has a really long nail bed and therefore gives a sharp natural nail line - if you understand what I mean:green:

Trinity Nails said:
This looks like a Raptor tip to me - the Raptors are designed not to be blended. They come in 'well' or 'well-less' They are designed so they are exactly the right thickness at the smile line. All you do is add the pink/clear up to and over the join, and very thinly over the free edge of the tip.

Karen at Nails Plus Beauty sells them over here, they are actually from America - do a search on Raptors and you'll find loads of post about them from back in the Summer.

HTH

ooooh I see!! I expect you need nice nails to begin with to do this?

Trinity Nails said:

HTH
well you learn something everyday. ive never heard of these before. thanks for that.x

Suzie.e said:
ooooh I see!! I expect you need nice nails to begin with to do this?

Yes and no - they look fantastic on those will long nail beds (as per the picture) but they can work on those of us with stupid little ones too (like me!) because you can reduce the well as you do with Formation for instance, and make them look quite nice.

I used them a lot when I wanted a natural look rather than permenant french, they give a great looking smile line and are easy to do on your right hand (with your left). Bit of a cheat but hey ho :wink2:

Trinity Nails said:
Yes and no - they look fantastic on those will long nail beds (as per the picture) but they can work on those of us with stupid little ones too (like me!) because you can reduce the well as you do with Formation for instance, and make them look quite nice.

I used them a lot when I wanted a natural look rather than permenant french, they give a great looking smile line and are easy to do on your right hand (with your left). Bit of a cheat but hey ho :wink2:

Thanks for the info Trin, anything is worth a go on the dreaded right hand! It's difficult trying to become ambidextrous:)

Trinity Nails said:

Good to know think - I will give it a go on the dreaded right hand - watch out Karen at Nails Plus Beauty we will all be sending our orders in for raptor tips:hug: Debbie

Yup, I've done nails like in that pic.
It's less natural, but as I said, similar to an 'american' manicure and some clients prefer it to a natural blended as they like the defined smile line BUT dont like the sharp white of a french.

I even do it often on myself when I do a new set. If the tips are thin enough or well-less, they turn out nice.

Latest posts

Back