Blistered fingers from gel lamp..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aspenella

Reaction score

Hi All,
Need anyones feed back regarding a client of mine who is developing blisters from the gel lamp. The night of her infill her fingers start to itch around the cuticle and pads and by the morning from the scratching blisters have come out. This happened to her once many years ago and i had to revert her back to acrylic, but as i have not even stocked acrylic now for at least 8 years, we cont really want to have to go down that road. Any thoughts anyone? :idea:

Does she have sun allergies?
Some people do.
If you're certain it's the lamp, I don't think there's anything you can do to change it. You need a specific lamp for a specific gel, in most cases.
And if she is allergic to the sun, it's really best that she avoids a uv gel, I would "think"??

This is the first I've heard of this, honestly.
Sorry can't be of more help.

no, no known allergies. i had suggested she try a antihitimine prior to her nail appt. but she doenst like to take tablets. yes, its a very weird thing indeed. thanks anyway!!!

to be honest I would be extremely surprised if a reaction like this was to uv a light...

it sounds like an alergic reaction to the gel product itself. Gels are one of the most likely products to cause an allergic reaction - this is because most contain ingredients like acrylates (rather than methacrylates, as in L&P) gluteraldehyde and formaldehyde.

If the reaction dies down when she is using L&P then it's a pretty clear indication it's an ingredient reaction (allergic reactions, blisters, itchiness, redness and swelling can occur where ever the body is coming into contact with the ingredient, hence it's happening on her finger tips and around cuticle area)

you will probably either have to swop to a lower allergen gel formula or swop her to l&p I'm afraid :)

HTH's

The only thing to add to Envys statement above is to check to ensure that she is not on any light sensitive medication. Though rare, it will cause the client to essentially get severe sunburns from UV light exposure.

Saying that, the itchiness sounds more like an allergic reaction.

HTHs!

I very much doubt she is allergic to the UV Lamp ... she is showing the classic signs of becoming sensitised and allergic to the GEL.

She will get a worse reaction every time she is exposed to the gel. I would not use it on her even one more time.

Try a completely different hypoallergenic gel (BRISA gels from CND) or change to L&P. BRISA gels contain none of the common allergens that are in all other gels: No acrylates ... NO gluteraldehyde .. NO formaldehyde.

primer ? ...... just another thought

primer ? ...... just another thought

Heck I really hope she's not getting primer all over her cuticles and the ends of her fingers!!!!!:eek: Does sound like an allergic reaction.

Heck I really hope she's not getting primer all over her cuticles and the ends of her fingers!!!!!:eek: Does sound like an allergic reaction.

my first suspect is always primer, i blame it's use/misuse and abuse on many problems

Thanks you all so much for your replies, much appreciated. :hug: And i agree it is looking like a reaction to the gel....i am going to try the brisa clear gel, ( i currently use Brisa White Gel Paint but use IBD for my clear so will let you all know how i go. I have actually asked several of the suppliers here in Aust and all your anwers made so much more sense than any of theirs. we really lack education here in OZ!!!:rolleyes:

Hi

I have the same prob I have had 10 customers in a year with the same prob. Are you using IBD?

Hi

I have the same prob I have had 10 customers in a year with the same prob. Are you using IBD?

she has said above that she is using IBD for the clear gel....I remember your thread regarding your 10 clients....did you establish if it indeed was the gel or something else that had caused it...adheisive..primer...anything new that you have introduced ....?

Hi

No we are in the middle of changing our gel, we have already transfered reg customers to NSI but not that keen on it. REally dont want to change from IBD as really like it, but there is honestly nothing else we have changed and its only reg customers. Never once have we had a client have a reaction from a one of set. Any idea what other gel we can use. Ive order Young nails gel today so going to give that a go. But its not making the salon look good.

Any advise much appreciated :hug:

If reactions are happening on long term clients then the problem is application.

A vast amount of the products in this industry can cause reactions when overexposure occurs - overexposure is where product is repeatedly coming into contact with soft tissue (skin) This is a BIG problem and needs to be addressed

I strongly urge some update training with your product provider to review the application techniques and avoid overexposure - also search this site for overexposure -
Here is an article regarding allergys & nail products
Alice Allergen

Hi

No we are in the middle of changing our gel, we have already transfered reg customers to NSI but not that keen on it. REally dont want to change from IBD as really like it, but there is honestly nothing else we have changed and its only reg customers. Never once have we had a client have a reaction from a one of set. Any idea what other gel we can use. Ive order Young nails gel today so going to give that a go. But its not making the salon look good.

Any advise much appreciated :hug:

Try a completely different hypoallergenic gel (BRISA gels from CND) or change to L&P.

BRISA gels from Creative CND contain none of the common allergens that are in all other gels:

No acrylates ... NO gluteraldehyde .. NO formaldehyde.

Ring the distributor Sweet Squared for more information ... 08452106060

Latest posts

Back