blisters

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbie

Reaction score
Hi
Does anyone have any tips for blisters on the feet caused by shoes?
Thanks

Stop wearing the shoes!!! lol

Sorry I couldn't resist. I think with shoes thar prone to cause this problem that it is always best to buy a size bigger, that is what I do. There are some plaster type things that you can get that are cushioned so as to prevent that kind of thing.

yes you can get specific pads for shoes to prevent blisters - i think theyre by Scholl and are in a range called party feet...?

x

bobbie said:
Hi
Does anyone have any tips for blisters on the feet caused by shoes?
Thanks

Poor you sugar....I'm guessing it's you with the sore feet??

Scholl Party Feet do both 'Pressure Point' guards (to protect areas prone to rubbing around the toe area) and Heel Guards for...you guessed it....the heel area!

Obviously prevention is better than cure, but if you're shoes have actually rubbed you up a blistery storm, then use Scholl Party Feet Blister Plasters (I don't work for Scholl btw....just no other plasters stay on quite like them!) which will stay on for at lesat 24 hours and withstand showering and loads of walking (I walked round most of London with fifty-pence-piece sized blisters on my heels and was fine with my blister plasters on:green: ). Also, once they've healed, leave them uncovered overnight with a dab of aloe vera on, and just cover them if they're likely to be re-rubbed by the shoes you wear in the day.

hth

:) Hi guys. Have any of you tried crocs? They are the most comfortable ( but ugly) shoes ever. Everyone's wearing them...all the celebrities, people in the medical profession, etc. I love mine!

SuzyQ said:
:) Hi guys. Have any of you tried crocs? They are the most comfortable ( but ugly) shoes ever. Everyone's wearing them...all the celebrities, people in the medical profession, etc. I love mine!

eeww whee....those are some UGLY shoes.....I have yet to break down and buy them yet......I'm afraid the plastic or whatever they are made of would make the feet smell ......as for the blisters.....I know what you mean had this problem last week ( daughter talked me into wearing some stupid shoes:rolleyes:) binned them when I got home and band-aided myself up for days! I hate blisters:mad: try to soak them in some cool water too....helps relieve some of the pain......and whatever you do try to not pop the blister .....opens you up to infection

I know this is probably not much help now but I know how to prevent blisters.
Put vaselene on the part of your foot that comes in contact with the part of the shoe/flipflops, trainers ect... that give you blisters. It works, trust me.
A friend who runs the London marathon gave me this tip when I was in agony with a pair of flip flops....I have not had a blister now since.
Try it on your blister, it might work.

Pickle said:
Put vaselene on the part of your foot that comes in contact with the part of the shoe/flipflops, trainers ect... that give you blisters. It works, trust me.
A friend who runs the London marathon gave me this tip when I was in agony with a pair of flip flops....I have not had a blister now since.

hmmm maybe don't try this one on your best pair of suede Jimmy Choos though....:lol:

we used to do this in the navy a bit barbaric but it did work, but then we were doing 30 mile hikes in high combat boots
we used to burst the blisters then apply lots of iodine (the surgical grade brown iodine) then you have to let the blister dry out....dont know if thats the recommended treatment in civvy street :rolleyes: but.......you can get a tape called zinc oxide tape which we used to bind out feet in and wrap around the toes to prevent blisters or stick to the soles and heels of the feet to prevent friction....p.s it was a disiplinary offence to get bad blisters in the navy.......due to not having the right fitting boots.......so off to the captains table for you my dear...pmsl

Hey Melissa! Crocs are very ugly but they are not plastic. They are made from a high-tech foam that moulds to the shape of your feet, actually. The material is antibacterial, hence, no smelly feet. They are very durable & like air on your feet. Anyone that owns them, loves them.
Check out their info.. www.crocs.com

Pickle said:

good advice this works!! great for when u are walking long distances - really put it on quite thick! xx

thaks rahcel and pickle - the vaseline works a treat and I'm going to try some iodine now

SuzyQ said:
Hey Melissa! Crocs are very ugly but they are not plastic. They are made from a high-tech foam that moulds to the shape of your feet, actually. The material is antibacterial, hence, no smelly feet. They are very durable & like air on your feet. Anyone that owns them, loves them.
Check out their info.. www.crocs.com

at $29.99 that's cheap - is that us dollars?

would perhaps wear one pair of the flip flops but they're not as hideous as i expected!!!

Pickle said:
Wow, didnt know that. I'm off to buy some!!
I have bought about 4 new pairs of shoes in the last month, dunno why, just went through a phase! LOL
Anyway, 3 of them have given me blisters, and I cant wear them in to stop giving me blisters cos of the blisters I have already got!!

Hi Caroline. I paid $35 Canadian for my crocs. Not bad for comfort.. just bad for ego..LOL:lol:

I looked at that link. Crocs are not my cup of tea, but whatever takes your fancy. LOL xxxx

I thought I was going insane here! I was reading through the posts, and saw my name - yay, I have a namesake!:)

Latest posts

Back