Blond problem

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJB 69

Reaction score
hi everyone i have bleached blond hair which is breaking off all over now think ive over done it for the past 6 years.now ive just bought a dark brown to put on it but im to scared to do it as i am unsure of what the result will be, i dont want my hair to fall out im white blond now with bout a inch growth my natural hair colour is medium brown
any advice would really help

Hey,
Is it a home die kit? If it is i would strongly recommend you not to use it! I have twice died my hair from blonde to brown once in a salon once at home- and home didn't end to well! My hair had stripes of orange yellow and brown and eventually it went a wishy washy greeny colour! I was platinum blonde as well and fancied a change...! Its so easy for colouring to go wrong when using home products (like i did when i was a college student!!) as they can have sucha range of chemicals in that can react with products and hair dye already on your hair! It took ages for my hair to get back to normal and resulted in me having to bleach it up to get rid of the orange and green/brown!
I really recommend you go to a salon - do ask around though as some places ask for £100 + :eek: - when i went into the salon mine cost around £60 and i have medium length hair - for the colour and cut. When you go into the salon make sure they know what sort of bleach and any colour you have had on your hair before! Hope this has help :) Louise x

hi everyone i have bleached blond hair which is breaking off all over now think ive over done it for the past 6 years.now ive just bought a dark brown to put on it but im to scared to do it as i am unsure of what the result will be, i dont want my hair to fall out im white blond now with bout a inch growth my natural hair colour is medium brown

to go from bleached blonde to brown...dont do it your hair will have a green under tone too it.....yellow plus brown = makes green...you need your hair pre-pig'd.....when hair is lightened the hair goes through stages .....your hair goes from red to orange to yellow to blonde.....you need these colours putting back in for the brown to take........ring up your local technical college ......they need clients like you, youll get a fab service, and cheap priced too.....just please dont use a box dye ..

I am not a hair expert, this is just my personal experience, I had this same problem last year.(my hair had been bleeched for about 9 years) I left it for as long as I could with the re-growth, then went to the hairdressers, wanted to be very dark brown, she had to put red back in first ( I was ash/platinum colour) then brown over the top. I would never do it myself! not the first time anyway, get the Hairdressers to get your desired colour, then you can always do your roots at home yourself!

As a lecturer in Hairdressing I would advise against doing what you have in mind, It sounds like a problem best solved by a professional, I wouldn't do it..honestly.

thank you for all your replys will prob now go to the hairdressers
just incase
many thanks

Latest posts

Back