Blonde to brown???!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salon-sal

Reaction score
I have a client who is base 7 with long hair and she has been having majimeche highlights for years. She now wants to return to her natural colour to save money (she has lost her job:( ) and so wants completely her natural colour ie, I dont want to put anything too red on it so she then gets roots. Please help as I want her to be happy with it. Any help greatly appreciated, Thank you !:confused:

Or is everyone as confused as me!

i had a client with long term build up of colour and the colour i used to lowlight ( 88/0 and 6.3 mixed with 6/7 alt bleach and hi lift) came out much darker and much more ash than expected , even though her hair was strong and very gold.
So id er on the side of caution and explain that you wont get an exact match for her natural because the ash in naturally light hair is vertually impossible to match up , and you will have to have some warmth in the colour to cover the ends . /7 colours by wella are good for covering blonde without pre pigging ,and have a warmth that isnt copper, but id take test strands because you never know how much warmth or depth is going to be absorbed , depending on length and condition of the hair .
You may need to treat the roots midlengths and ends differantly .
Any colour is going to have to be topped up with semis because of fade and to blend in the roots( unless you are both very very lucky)

hey i had a full head bleach/platinium and a few month back i wanted to go dark which i did i had my hair done at college which by then i had qualified but standing in to be a client for my friend the teacher had to pre-pig my hair so when i went back to a darker colour my hair didnt turn green or have green tinges...are you a qualified stylist or a trainee?

x

i agree with liana, using colour touch the double numbers ie 77/07 or even mixing 77/07 and 77/03 then later date use 77/07 hth

yes you can pre pig and then apply a base colour over the top , but the warmth can show through for a time , depending on how dry the hair is , the /7 line is more of a one step safe process . remember that th deeper colour you want the more warmth it will need

Latest posts

Back