blonde to red redye help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liana kay

Reaction score
Hi , I coloured my sister in laws hair with wella colour touch in 6/47, I have previously used 7/75 semi twice over her sandy/naturally warm hair . There are old bleach hi-lites in the hair however as she washes and straightens her hair every day( with a shampoo for oily hair no conditioner-Ihave emphatically advised against this) the colour fades quickly . This last time as I say i coloured it with 6/47 to give more depth and warmth , came out a little redder than expected, but looked fantastic and really suits her skin tone .- Only , she doesnt like it because it clashes with her clothes ( It doesnt , but my bad because i should have realised she likes to blend not to contrast).
She wants to go back blonde! I have advised against this and this is what ive come up with
OPTION 1 - mid brown semi will soften red and red and brown will fade out together. short time - minimum damage-and can be adjusted at later date
OPTION 2 - hi-lite very top section, leaving hi-lighted section underneath-need to be careful here - brown semi inbetween , rinse off , then mid gold/sandy semi over hi-lites-medium time -hi-lites could have slight pink tinge - overall effect -different shades of warm brown - medium risk for damage -80% chance of having acceptable outcome
OPTION 3- decolour , hi and lo lite with blonde and a golden brown , then apply mid brown semi on rest of hair . - very high damage - will take a long time
Has anybody got any more ideas ? Where i say mid-brown semi , i mean a flat level 6 , I was trying to simplify it for her in a email.
Also has anyone had any experience where red and brown make purple? Because I really dont want this to happen, if so would you recommend another colour apart from the 6.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back