Blonde to vibrant red help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deb2208

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm nipping over from Nails.

I am a natural strawberry blonde who has some grey. My mobile hairdresser (strictly basic colour, basic cuts and basic styling) just does weaved foil of high lift tint on my hair. No bleach.
I would seriously love to go vibrant red but worried by the upkeep.

I get mine done every 5 weeks. I'm naturally curly, but like to straighten my hair. I use Kerastase products.

I'm worried about the condition too.

Your advise on method, products, brands would be great.

Thanks in advance xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't in all confidence recommend you do it yourself. If your current stylist is incapable then change to someone else.
Your best bet for bright red would be a crazy color, and you can top up at home if you buy some for use inbetween salon visits. There are also a lot of reds that are great, but again require top up's at home to keep them as bright as a traffic light xoxo

I'm happy to find someone else, even model at college.
Loving the idea of topping up at home too.
Wouldn't dream of doing myself, ex barber or not. Lol

Would love to see examples of people's work......

I should mention, although I'm fair and blue eyed, I spray tan regularly.
Here's an example of what I'd like

search

Florence and the machine.

umutu5ud.jpg
penudu6y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nail-ific

I'm happy to find someone else, even model at college.
Loving the idea of topping up at home too.
Wouldn't dream of doing myself, ex barber or not. Lol

Would love to see examples of people's work......

I've not got pictures of bright red I have done, but have done a few where I retail fire red crazy color with it.
Directions pots are also quite good and do a pillar box red.

I love it when people are willing to go to colleges, I'm sure there will be a student who will really appreciate you going in xoxo

I think I will call in tomorrow. X

Nail-ific

I love love love these. I need a hair fairy godmother. Lol

Nail-ific

I love love love these. I need a hair fairy godmother. Lol

Nail-ific

Lol I have done a client red but not like that but I think those models had a little of photoshop anyway hahaha those hairs can't be that amazing xD

First one would be 6.66 with flame top up, 2nd would be 6.64 with flame and a copper top up. Very different colours to me, and no thaigo, with good product and a good colourist it is achievable xoxo

First one would be 6.66 with flame top up, 2nd would be 6.64 with flame and a copper top up. Very different colours to me, and no thaigo, with good product and a good colourist it is achievable xoxo

I used 666 loreal came nice in a very dark hair tho

With 9%

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358727867.605944.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1358727867.605944.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 8,349
Hi deb, hopefully you will get the colour you are looking for. Just one piece of advice, since you said you like to spray tan.. a copper red colour will bring out the warmer colours in your skin, in other words it can make you look orange so sometimes you need to wear different make up, after such a big change.

The beauty in the colours in the photos is the contrast with their pale skin. Thats my opinion anyway :)

@thiago next time try adding in some mix tones/ intensifiers. They have them in majirel and soon inoa too. The red and copper mix tones contain a type of direct dye called basic dyes, and give you a much more vibrant colour.

Hi deb, hopefully you will get the colour you are looking for. Just one piece of advice, since you said you like to spray tan.. a copper red colour will bring out the warmer colours in your skin, in other words it can make you look orange so sometimes you need to wear different make up, after such a big change.

The beauty in the colours in the photos is the contrast with their pale skin. Thats my opinion anyway :)

@thiago next time try adding in some mix tones/ intensifiers. They have them in majirel and soon inoa too. The red and copper mix tones contain a type of direct dye called basic dyes, and give you a much more vibrant colour.

So u think I should add some mix red mix tone to it then? Will do try it

Thankss xx

So u think I should add some mix red mix tone to it then? Will do try it

Yep definatly, you can add up to half a tube but with no extra peroxide. It is the same type of dyes used in majicontrast.

Yep definatly, you can add up to half a tube but with no extra peroxide. It is the same type of dyes used in majicontrast.

Good to know. I will do that then next time
It will go super red lol. Xxx

Good to know. I will do that then next time
It will go super red lol. Xxx

But that client her natural base is 1/2 so guess it wouldn't go much red anyway :) but will try xx

But that client her natural base is 1/2 so guess it wouldn't go much red anyway :) but will try xx

Is it the same client as in the photo?

Latest posts

Back