Blondme

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rulla4

Reaction score
What does everyone think of schwarzkopf Blondme lightening powder? Does it lift without going too gold and can 30vol be used on the scalp with it ?
Many thanks x

What does everyone think of schwarzkopf Blondme lightening powder? Does it lift without going too gold and can 30vol be used on the scalp with it ?
Many thanks x

Most bleaches including blonde me should only be used with 20vol on the scalp

You will still need to tone after bleaching xxxxx

Blondeme is amazing.

If you use the cool additive with it you don't have to tone :)

From what I remember you’re not supposed to use the cool additive in bleach on the scalp?

I've seen all the Schwarzkopf ambassadors use it on the scalp and with 30vol

That’s not what I got told, will double check with rep on Monday here’s Schwarzkopf instructions for on scalp application and like I said I will double check with rep about the cool additive and cool rose additives on Monday...
35f11e23a66bbc98667e88f602d2b5a8.jpg

There you go, not on scalp for bleach and tone (the additives)

That’s brilliant, thank you so much xx

When I went on their London courses last summer we did a lot of bleaching and I can remember them saying something about the additives staining the scalp xx

I'm gonna go ahead and follow the Schwarzkopf ambassadors and their education as they're all very successful hairdressers with a huge clientele and following. And I don't think they would be allowed to advertise Schwarzkopf products if they were using them incorrectly. But thank you for the information.

I'm gonna go ahead and follow the Schwarzkopf ambassadors and their education as they're all very successful hairdressers with a huge clientele and following. And I don't think they would be allowed to advertise Schwarzkopf products if they were using them incorrectly. But thank you for the information.

Id be careful as you will invalidate your insurance as you won’t be following manufacturers instructions (I get that everyone bends the rules in hairdressing but on scalp bleaching is not something I’d want to mess with.) These pictures are from Schwarzkopf pro website). We did a lot of on scalp bleaching on the Schwarzkopf courses I attended last summer and they didn’t use the additives on the scalp and like I say mentioned something about staining regarding the additives and never recommend using more than 20 vol on the scalp with their blonde me or vario.
Pls don’t think I’m lecturing, I’m just trying to look out for a fellow professional xx

Okay it comes across as kind of lecturing. I follow the education of Schwarzkopf ambassadors. And I've never had any problems with scalp bleaches over the years. But thank you anyway.

I honestly prefer wella blondor it lifts just as well if not better
And the blondor mixes much nicer for foiling

Okay it comes across as kind of lecturing. I follow the education of Schwarzkopf ambassadors. And I've never had any problems with scalp bleaches over the years. But thank you anyway.

I too follow the education of Schwarzkopf ambassadors, I have in house salon training with Schwarzkopf twice a year and attend their courses every year. However I feel like you’re trying to make me out to be making false statements which is definitely not the case. (Which I class as rude). The op asked for help which I gave and I very politely commented that I didn’t think the info you gave was correct and posted manufacturers instructions for the ops piece of mind and also to make sure I was giving out the correct information to a fellow professional. I’m sorry you felt I was lecturing but that really was not the case. I won’t be commenting on this post any more as I feel it’s getting personal now. I hope the op has found the information they need.

I think it’s always worth a reminder about following manufacturers instructions and the implications for insurance as there are plenty of trainees and newly qualified geeks read these posts and until they gain a LOT more experience, they need to follow the rules and play it safe.

Plenty of excellent hairdressers like to break the rules, experiment and be creative. I would expect them to understand and assess the potential risks to their clients beforehand.

Must say, I am surprised that Schwarzkopf Ambassadors don’t stress the fact that they’re going ‘off piste’ when they choose not to follow manufacturers written guidelines. It states clearly on all their education pages not to mix the additives with on scalp bleach application.

Don’t forget too, that clients who have a ppd allergy mustn’t under any circumstances have the additives added to a scalp bleach mix. That could cause serious harm and the hairdresser would be liable in that situation!

Latest posts

Back