Blue highlights

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazza83

Reaction score
hi all i hope you are all well,i am after a little advice i am wanting to put blue highlights through my hair , which is naturally a depth of 5 no tones and i am a little unsure on something.i use wella and i like the 0/88 colour but can i use this straight on the hair and if i can do i need to bleach my hair first? or can i mix it with 5/0 and apply? any help will be welcomed as we never really covered mixing in college.
any help welcomed and i hope you can understand
sazza

Lift up with bleach, the tone with 10/0 and /88

thanx blue,i am really wishing we went over more in college :(

Yes bleach up, if u are wanting has blue has it looks, use /88 colour touch with 1.9%. But will have to bleach up to a clean blonde as if it is yellow it will go green. X

Agree with bleaching, but have you thought about using crazy colour for the blue? I've done this on a client an it was very vibrant, although does wash out quickly so needs to be topped up, my client was also a base 5 :)

thank you all for giving advice.Scissorz - i didn't think about crazy colour,but to be truthful i only qualified my level 2 in june we haven't really touched much on colour.and i have only ever used wella so i wouldn't be confident in using another system even tho it is on myself.

thank you all for giving advice.Scissorz - i didn't think about crazy colour,but to be truthful i only qualified my level 2 in june we haven't really touched much on colour.and i have only ever used wella so i wouldn't be confident in using another system even tho it is on myself.

What? Haven't really touched much on colour?!? How the hell did they pass you all? X

What? Haven't really touched much on colour?!? How the hell did they pass you all? X

That's what I thought! I just finished my level 2 as well but you do only get taught the basics I can't wait for colour correction when everything 'clicks' and I know exactly what to do, I think at some point on/after my level 3 i'm going to take a master colouring course to be more confident x

That's what I thought! I just finished my level 2 as well but you do only get taught the basics I can't wait for colour correction when everything 'clicks' and I know exactly what to do, I think at some point on/after my level 3 i'm going to take a master colouring course to be more confident x

I have level three books and i have been reading up on everything to give me more of a idea.But i feel even with the basics covered i know nothing,i would love to learn more but i was told by my college that i cannot do level 3 as i do not work in a salon with my own clientele.I cannot find work in a salon with my basic knowledge.i have been thinking of doing a day courses to go over these to give me more confidence.i wish i went for in-house training now as i am starting to feel i have wasted 2 years on coming away to asking what maybe seems like a basic question to you talented professionals :(

I have level three books and i have been reading up on everything to give me more of a idea.But i feel even with the basics covered i know nothing,i would love to learn more but i was told by my college that i cannot do level 3 as i do not work in a salon with my own clientele.I cannot find work in a salon with my basic knowledge.i have been thinking of doing a day courses to go over these to give me more confidence.i wish i went for in-house training now as i am starting to feel i have wasted 2 years on coming away to asking what maybe seems like a basic question to you talented professionals :(

That's how I feel! In college all they really teach you is the peroxide strengths and why you would need to use them ie how many lifts they can achieve, the colour book and how to basic make a colour you may not have. But in the real world it's not so easy, during practice we had to identify the client colour now and their regrowth if any, what shade they wanted to achieve and select the correct peroxide to do so, all of which added up and made sense apart from to determine which colour you would actually get.

That's what I struggle with the most I'd identify everything and explain what the clients colour was and desired shade with which peroxide but I could never actually correctly guess what I'd end up with if that makes sense?! My tutor and class mates would all look in the shade chart and say what we think it would turn out as and I was always wrong even though I knew what I wanted to do and how to get there, of course my tutor was always right but never seemed to have time to explain it to me.

I now work in the college salon on a saturday and im finding it to be getting easier but i still have a long way to go xx

That's how I feel! In college all they really teach you is the peroxide strengths and why you would need to use them ie how many lifts they can achieve, the colour book and how to basic make a colour you may not have. But in the real world it's not so easy, during practice we had to identify the client colour now and their regrowth if any, what shade they wanted to achieve and select the correct peroxide to do so, all of which added up and made sense apart from to determine which colour you would actually get.

That's what I struggle with the most I'd identify everything and explain what the clients colour was and desired shade with which peroxide but I could never actually correctly guess what I'd end up with if that makes sense?! My tutor and class mates would all look in the shade chart and say what we think it would turn out as and I was always wrong even though I knew what I wanted to do and how to get there, of course my tutor was always right but never seemed to have time to explain it to me.

I now work in the college salon on a saturday and im finding it to be getting easier but i still have a long way to go xx

This is when I wish I had a bigger salon... I'd train you all!

This is when I wish I had a bigger salon... I'd train you all!

Lol I wish you could!! To be honest all the hair posts on here to do with colouring I mostly avoid because I never understand it or the reasons why you experienced folk have chosen what to suggest :( I hope I can leave level 3 standing on my own two feet else there's no point at all in qualifying as a hairdresser xx

The bet advice I ever received in school! Keep the hair you cut off bleach it and play with color. I used small rubber bands to hold the hair together. Great way to learn😊

Best thing I ever did master colour programme through wella. I learnt so much :)

Best thing I ever did master colour programme through wella. I learnt so much :)

Yeah that's the one I can get support with taking, as I'm training with wella although I don't think it's very popular on here everyone prefers matrix xx

How much is the master colouring? And where do u do this?

Latest posts

Back