Blue Nail emergency

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shabee

Reaction score
Hi there,

Hope you can help me. I have just had a client return to me with blue nails. I did her yesterday. I told her to keep them out of water but she had a bath with radox. Have any of you came across this before.
thanks
Shabee xxx

Hi babe, a bit more info on this would be great..........
Which system L&P, Gels or Fibreglass

Step by step would be even better....how did you do the set..........
What is the finish on the set......... Buff and polish???

Hope we can shed some light on this for you !

i had a client who worked in argos and the colour of the carrier bags used to stain her nails, but once you removed the top coat they were o.k. i have come accross the blue nail thing a few times and it was always due to wearing new jeans, the excess dye coloured the nails.probably just need the top coat removing and reapplying.

Hi Ruth,
I use Creative L&P. Did the nails the same way I have done them for years, so I can not understand this. I used Star nails top coat.
The client said that it started with a blue tinge and during the evening they got darker and darker. You would think she had on one coat of nail polish.
Very strange. I could not believe my eyes.
Shabee xx

Certain hand lotions/body lotions can cause a blueish/greyish tint to the nails.....it's not the lotion itself so to speak,that causes the change of colour, but some lotions can be like a mangnet to outside factors..............good point about the Jeans too................Was she wearing a new pair ????

Does the tint come off with enamel remover ???

Hi Ruth,
All she said she did was go home, sit for 1 hour and had a bath with green radox. she used no creams on her hands. She then went out to a dinner/dance, so you can imagine her horror to watch her nails go blue as the night went on. She has had these nails before with no problems.
Thanks
Shabee xx

Ask her if she was wearing a blue or black dress or suit ???
She might not have used hand lotion, but she might have used body lotion and that could have got on her nails...........Also hairstyling products can leave a sticky layer on the nails.........

Hiya,
I have after care advice on my site.
"Try not to use products that contain mineral oils such as Radox. This too will affect the nails."
Radox contains mineral oils and for some reason this can have an effect on the nails, Tell her to avoid using this in her bath because that will be the culprit.

shabee said:
Hi there,

Hope you can help me. I have just had a client return to me with blue nails. I did her yesterday. I told her to keep them out of water but she had a bath with radox. Have any of you came across this before.
thanks
Shabee xxx
hi there,
What sort of blue was it, cos a blue tinge is usually assosiated to poor circulation......just another thought.....are her hands cold?
Amanda

How do the mineral oils affect the nails, and do you mean it affects natural nails as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back