Bluesky UV soak off gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am i wrong correct me if i am but shellac is not a brand!! Cnd gelish ect ect are the brands shellac is what is ised to describe the product yiu cant rip off shellac as it is its own thing xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think Cnd is the brand and shellac is their trademarked product. Cnd do lots of things and Shellac is one of their range.

A bit like cars cnd is like ford and shellac is like focus or mondeo :)

Am i wrong correct me if i am but shellac is not a brand!! Cnd gelish ect ect are the brands shellac is what is ised to describe the product yiu cant rip off shellac as it is its own thing xxx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

Wrong. the term "Shellac" is trademarked by the company CND in relation to use in the nail services industry. Because it's such a popular brand it has been used as a generic term by lots of people causing the confusion. Just like lots of us call a vacuum cleaner a Hoover, it isn't actually a Hoover unless it's been made by the company called "Hoover". Just an example.

This is why when Blue Sky first started out and had Shellac on its bottles and other shaped bottles with gelish written on them CND and Harmony both took them to court. They won and Blue Sky had to remove those terms from the bottles. Since then they have apparently pulled their socks up and have also sorted msds sheets to comply with UK and EU health and safety legislation regarding safe ingredients to use. If they have and their is an official distributor that's great for those who want to use it. Doesn't mean that eBay products meet any of those standards considering anyone could stick anything in a bottle, stick a name on it and claim it to be a certain brand. That's my only concern x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
For somebody who only joined this forum yesterday I find your post extremely rude and offensive.

If you only joined yesterday why does your profile say 2011????

I have bluesky msds sheets I am insured to use bluesky my clients are happy with it and I know of several training company's and collages training with bluesky!

Can I just interject & ask if you use a product that you love & your clients are so happy with it, & to me seems you want to shout it from the rooftops & champion them, why on your profile on products stated does it say gelish & not BS!?...... I smell BS & I'm not talking about blue sky now!!! 😷

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

If you only joined yesterday why does your profile say 2011????

I was referring to
Originally Posted by nail~shack
Counterfeit? Wat are u on? Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean u have to slag off others and accusing them of basically harming their clients. The meaning of counterfeit is, to defraud the genuine product....erm BS isn't that. Yes it maybe on eBay as shellac ect in the heading title but if u use eBay u will know that this is to widen their brand in the search engine.

Haley from iphone5s

For somebody who only joined this forum yesterday I find your post extremely rude and offensive.

Counterfeit? Wat are u on? Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean u have to slag off others and accusing them of basically harming their clients. The meaning of counterfeit is, to defraud the genuine product....erm BS isn't that. Yes it maybe on eBay as shellac ect in the heading title but if u use eBay u will know that this is to widen their brand in the search engine.

Haley from iphone5s
This is not a matter of my opinion. I deal in facts.

I didn't define BS and CCO as counterfeit - the courts did! Counterfeit has a legal definition and it was determined that these meet that definition. Here's the language from the preliminary injunction and seizure from the CosmoProf Las Vegas show in reference to Gelish - "Unfortunately, the commercial success of Harmony’s GELISH goods has attracted numerous counterfeiters that are bent on syphoning Harmony’s profits at the expense of Harmony and unwary consumers. Defendants flagrantly promote and sell deeply-discounted, spurious, counterfeit or colorable imitations of GELISH goods (“Counterfeit Merchandise”) to boutiques and end users..." http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/nevada/nvdce/2:2012cv01212/88725/21 Using the trademarked name Shellac in their posting "to widen their brand in the search engine" is considered an unfair business practice and eBay often pulls such ads when there are complaints. Can you think of a legitimate brand that does this?

Like I said, you can do what you want, but these are the facts.

Can I just interject & ask if you use a product that you love & your clients are so happy with it, & to me seems you want to shout it from the rooftops & champion them, why on your profile on products stated does it say gelish & not BS!?...... I smell BS & I'm not talking about blue sky now!!! 😷

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek mobile app

I have not been on here much and have not updated my profile and please do not swear at me that is not very professional is it?!

Threads like this only emphasise everything that is wrong in the industry. Where's the pride in the products you use? Why does it seem to be a race to the bottom?

Their seems to be a totally lack of understanding as to why Blue sky and others like it, aren't pro products?! If Blue sky is so wonderful why did it copy CND colour names, bottle style and typeface etc.....? The fact it went to court says it all!

I'm at loss why this is discussed time and again on this forum, there's plenty of previous threads about this subject.

If you want to be pro, be one! Use good quality products, training etc. have pride in what you do!

It really does worry me where this industry is heading.

I think you have repeated yourself several times now 😴

Yes and I will since I'm on a professional forum where people new to the industry come to increase their knowledge and there are so many people intent on spreading misinformation and encouraging unsafe practices in relation to where people should buy their products.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

With the OP's questions now having been asked and now answered, I think this is probably a good place to close the thread.

In the meantime, please remember this is a site for salon professionals, and the way in which site members reply to each other should be dealt with in exactly the same way, without accusations or finger pointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back