Bluesky?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meg27

Reaction score
hi

i am a qulified tech before any of you say i am not but i just wanted to know why everyone is so aggainst the bluesky gel, as i offer this service to my clients that cant afford a full set of 25 pound gelish nails and find that they last just as long if not in some cases longer and i can charge a very small price that means i can cater for all of my clients neds

Why not just charge less for Shellac? It's only a suggested price...I've never charged £25 for it.

When you say you "can charge a very small price". How much less are you charging? Is it worth it to you?

What I mean is, if you work out the product costs of say Gelish or Shellac i.e. divide the price by the number of applications per bottle and do this for the base and top coats too so you get a price per application (all other prep and finishing costs will be the same whatever brand). Do the same calculation for BlueSky, CCO or any other knock off brand.

The difference between the two is the amount you can afford to give as a discount to the client.

I suspect that you are charging way less than the true saving to yourself and therefore it is mainly your time and expertise you are giving away cheaply.

You really should do the calculation, you are probably cutting down your own profit margin by loads and effectively working for peanuts. You are not a charity, you can't make it affordable to everyone and you presumably need to earn a living.

It doesn't matter to me what you use on your clients, it only matters to me what I use on mine and I only want to use high quality products. Charging a sensible amount and using quality products means I can earn a decent living.

The reason professionals don't like BlueSky is because ultimately it is a copycat/knock off product. They called themselves BlueSky Shellac and BlueSky Gelish, they copied the bottle shapes and graphics. This was no accident, they did it to fool people and ride on the back of the success of the genuine brands.

Personally, I wouldn't carry a fake designer bag or wear a pair of fake designer shoes. They, like nails, are a luxury. If I can't have the real thing I'd rather go without.

If you type in "bluesky" into the search box, you'll see a whole lot of threads have been started about this product, and nearly everyone has stated their reasons why this product gets under their skin and why it technically isn't a professional product (most valid reasons being unknown ingredients and certain insurance companies not insuring it).

For me as a spa owner, it is a counterfeit product or at the very best a blatant rip off that you buy on EBay or such likes and that is not something I would use on my clients, especially as there is no support if anything goes wrong, god knows what is in it.

This Bluesky 'red flag' is getting quite boring now.

If you want to use Bluesky then use Bluesky ... we wouldn't even know you WERE using Bluesky if you didn't come on this huge forum to tell us about it.

Why ARE you telling us about it?????

Agreed.

Very bored of this bluesky subject. I had a debate about it the other day and even pointed them out to a few threads on here.
Apparently bluesky copied shellac and gelish by "accident" :D

Obviously the OP has already read threads pertaining to bluesky as she already has her back up in her first sentence.

Feel free to use bluesky but your not a professional in doing so and very unlikely to be insured so be careful when your clients come back with reactions etc and sue your butt.

That is all

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

hi

i am a qulified tech before any of you say i am not but i just wanted to know why everyone is so aggainst the bluesky gel, as i offer this service to my clients that cant afford a full set of 25 pound gelish nails and find that they last just as long if not in some cases longer and i can charge a very small price that means i can cater for all of my clients neds

No one has said you are not a qualified tech so why start a thread with a sentence like that?
It says on your profile you are a supplier / trainer to the industry so you will surely know the answer to your question already.
Like other salon geek members have said if you search you will find many threads with this question and similar! x

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

They have now registered bluesky shellac to be used I some colleges for example where I trained Bradford college and they just recently started using bluesky shellac . I was using CND at college then next I new bluesky was in stock I do t see a problem with it and it lasts 2weeks for me when I use it . Each to their own I suppose xxx

They have now registered bluesky shellac to be used I some colleges for example where I trained Bradford college and they just recently started using bluesky shellac . I was using CND at college then next I new bluesky was in stock I do t see a problem with it and it lasts 2weeks for me when I use it . Each to their own I suppose xxx

The product will not have the word Shellac/Gelish on the bottles as CND & Nail Harmony took them to court to stop them using these words and they won.
The Bluesky product now is called a UV Gel Polish or Soak off Gel.
If the bottles that are being used have Shellac on them they are old stock.

It's another knock off product made in a factory then bottled into different company bottles.
If that's what you want to use then fine but you must call it a Gel Polish/Soak off Gel not Shellac.

Gel polish shellac whatever it wants to be called am using it and like it simples :)

It might be 'simples' but these companies are ripping off others that put a lot of money into real R&D and genuine education in how to use their products effectively.

The rip offs undermine the ethics of the professional nail industry just for a fast buck.

If you want to use them because they save you a few pence on each service then go right ahead. No one can stop you, obviously. But, if you're a professional and care about the industry that earns you your income you should also care about doing things the right way and supporting good education and the R&D that makes this industry the fastest growing in the whole beauty category. It is was helps you to earn your fast buck.

There is a much bigger picture here that makes very successful technicians. Save 5p per client? Use a rip off with no support when things go wrong? Go to it!!!

..... leave it guys and just let the thread sink :wink2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would you buy a product that anyone can get from eBay, even your clients can buy it & once they know this surely they are going to do just that and you will then loose them as a customer and once word is out there that you use products off eBay it could hurt your business.

Which doesn't make sense if you've paid for all your training etc

That's why I love cnd & harmony as only professionals can buy it.

Anyone using it will loose their clients when they
Go and buy it off fleabay and start doing their own nails so good luck with that attitude!

Some of us have invested massive amounts in cnd shellac for people like you to dump on our reputations with fake brands undercutting us, lets just hope your clients decide to do what your doing and start doing nails with poison and undercut you :)

..... leave it guys and just let the thread sink :wink2:

I agree.... Clearly just trying to get a reaction.....and its not worth our time or energy ladies. Walk away with the knowledge that at some point this will back fire and will go horribly wrong for the 'people' supplying and using it.

I'm Off to see what Harmony Gelish and CND Shellac Nails have been created today :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just seen on Facebook a colour chart for Bluesky colour names.....all the same names as CND Shellac - naughty!

This is just a thought but say cnd shellac is £10 more then the bluesky, and each bottle did 20 clients then it only works put at 50p per client to use cnd shellac and its a world wide well know professional product. So if u do a set of blue sky for £15 and a set of cnd for £20 your out doing yourself £4.50 per hour! And u will also lose clients when they find out about the product being a copy of the original power polish! So when we are getting £4.50 an hour more and have loyal happy customers then we are the ones laughing

People on this forum really do need to get off their high horse!

A general topic, asking a general comment.

The thread started with "before u ask I'm qualified" as all people seem to do on here is undermine others!!!!

The forum is for asking help, everyone is still learning, even Geeg! Therefore everyone has questions that are sometimes basic! No need for people to start questioning the qualifications.

People on this forum really do need to get off their high horse!

A general topic, asking a general comment.

The thread started with "before u ask I'm qualified" as all people seem to do on here is undermine others!!!!

The forum is for asking help, everyone is still learning, even Geeg! Therefore everyone has questions that are sometimes basic! No need for people to start questioning the qualifications.
There was no need to preface the opening post with the "I'm qualified, but..." statement. The original poster asked why everyone is against it; they answered.

Bluesky, CCO et al are not professional brands, they are pure copies. They don't just use the name, they dupe the entire appearance of the product, right down to the exact names. It's a counterfeit copy of a professional brand - the nail equivalent of a knock-off Prada bag. It undermines our whole industry.

It is sensible that if you are a professional, you use a professional brand; you support the manufacturers and distributors who are there trying to innovate and advance the industry, who are there training our future generations of technicians to be the best. Not the people who are trying to make a quick buck off the back of their hard work.

I find it quite sad that people would rather use these products rather than charge accordingly for their skill. Groupon and the likes and people charging £10 for 'gel polish' have very seriously damaged our industry; too many people expect everything for nothing. It needs to change - and fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back