Body wraps-which brand?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gosh why does that read like a threat lol
You'd be most welcome anytime
Shall I pm you my telephone number
Or you have The Fingertips Centre opening in Glasgow shortly
I am sure you would as a professional be very welcome there also x

sorry you felt it was a threat i don't understand why ? i thought it might have been my broad Scottish accent but as you cant hear that on the computer it cant be that i just thought it would be nice as a girls weekend away it would be nice to have a of a treat while we were there & you seam to be very clued up on the wraps would be better going to someone who knows so much about them I am a professional in hairdressing but as i dont do beauty & have no intention of doing beauty thought it would be best that i also let a professional do the wrap Is the fingertip centre going to be offering them on site ? if this the case we will just have to have an other girls day when we get back home then :confused:

Before choosing a brand it's important to look at the companies sales model as it appears from posts on here shrinking violet is popular with beauty salons and they are getting business from offering the treatments results seem to be there and the fact there pro only seem to be working alongside there customers .I personally do not do body wraps as I have a lipofirm but uncountable tibby Olivier seem to be growing there business day by day
It appears actiderms sales model is based on the retail side of the industry which is a profitable part of any well managed clinic
When researching the correct brand for your business I would advise you to take these key factors into account
Are you looking for pro only Or retail opportunity
What is your required return per hour on couch time and is the brands suggested treatment cost within that
Are you happy with how that brand is represented in the industry
If you pick the right brand for your business you will grow with the brand
If you can gain a good balance of pro services and retail options you will gain the most revenue out of a new treatment / technology investment
As for the blatant slagging off of people's products by other companies I think there all a bit jelous of this julianne character she seems to have analysed her business and set the foundations for her growth
Hope she invents something I can bathe in at home to compliment my lipofirm treatments as I wouldn't know where to start with a body wrap probably end up like a sex game gone wrong

Hope she invents something I can bathe in at home to compliment my lipofirm treatments as I wouldn't know where to start with a body wrap probably end up like a sex game gone wrong

Hahaha love it! ;) x

May I make it VERY clear we have NEVER deleted a comment re a competitor from our page. We have also NEVER delete a sceptic comment. I should know as I run it. We don't have reps so I am not sure where that came from and we never intend to have reps as we sell direct to the professional.

I ABSOLUTELY agree with the adage..If you have nothing nice to say.. I am also the sales director for Tibby Olivier and so anybody enquiring by phone would have spoken to either myself or Julieann the owner and manufacturer and I have NEVER slated another product. I have been in business for 30 yrs so am hardly wet behind the ears.

SV is NOT fluid loss as works for 72 hours and IS permanent unless you continue the lifestyle that put it on in 1st place.

If anyone would like to test any of the above, please feel free

Ok I know this is old now but I have kept quiet for far to long. I am one of a long list of people who have had their COMMENTS deleted from the SV FB page and I was also removed and blocked, so the comments you have made here are total rubbish. I for one am happy that I no longer have to deal with such an unprofessional group of people who seem to have no people skills whatsoever, something I realised early on when dealing with TO. I still have the comments I made that were removed from the FB page saved in a document so if you would like to see them let me know. Shame that TO seems to be getting a reputation for a serious lack of customer service skills as the products are great. Shame that the arrogance of that has taken over, I will not deal with such a rude and unprofessional company, regardless of how great the products are.

Ok I know this is old now but I have kept quiet for far to long. I am one of a long list of people who have had their COMMENTS deleted from the SV FB page and I was also removed and blocked, so the comments you have made here are total rubbish. I for one am happy that I no longer have to deal with such an unprofessional group of people who seem to have no people skills whatsoever, something I realised early on when dealing with TO. I still have the comments I made that were removed from the FB page saved in a document so if you would like to see them let me know. Shame that TO seems to be getting a reputation for a serious lack of customer service skills as the products are great. Shame that the arrogance of that has taken over, I will not deal with such a rude and unprofessional company, regardless of how great the products are.

I have also had comments removed and was deleted for the FB page. So I don't think this statement is correct. Shocking company and terrible customer service. Rude company. I will no longer use their products because of this. Have found another company and actually prefer their products and great service as well. **steer clear, you have been warned ladies**

Having had experience of a number of wraps my preference is NSL for many many reasons....

Have to love that the last two comments slating this company are from geeks that have created their accounts today... Hmm... Funny that!

In fairness, I don't think Faze's post is slating anyone ? Not sure what's going on, but have seen loads of posts on here having a pop at various brands of late. Seems to me to be a waste of time and energy .

I'm a Actiderm salon wrapper, have any of you tried to wrap yourselves? Unless you have arms in places I don't it nigh on impossible to do it properly. I've had a few ladies buy a kit on line then come to me saying 'help', they can't measure themselves properly, the don't follow the pre or post care properly & they don't understand how or find it physically impossible to wrap themselves to get the most effective results.
We offer a full before & after service, we have seen results from 5 inches to 20 inches after 1 wrap & have lots of repeat business & referrals.
We use a specific consent form & they are direct from actiderm, as well as our own client cards that we record all data on. I have a rep on the end of the phone if I have any questions or queries, she's actually present in the shop at least once a month for support, I've learnt a lot from her.
The thing I like about actiderm is the other products they have to aid your weightless programme.
I'm not in the game of slating other brands, I've tried a few wraps myself & find this one most effective especially as we do lots of pre & after care.

I think that's the way it should be, focusing on the positives of the brand you use rather than sticking the boot into others . Been quite shocked at some of the reactions from other wrap therapists since I started using NSL - there's room in the market for us all , I genuinely can't see the point in slating other companies products!

Not read through all the comments but I'll say this - SV is asked for by name by many, many people. TO is an excellent company to deal with, and the support network is fantastic, as is the customer service. I'm not sure why people have slated the company as I've never had an issue. But to answer the title question - Shrinking Violet is where it's at, a lot of therapists are using the system and I don't know of anyone getting poor results unless cutting corners x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have always found the customer care and service at TO to be excellent! Jane has been very helpful and informative and the product sells itself. Clients come from all over to my home salon as a result of 'Googling' SHRINKING VIOLET :)

SV takes the fat away....it's up to the client to keep it off. So if someone normally easily maintains their weight then there wild be no need for them to make any adjustments. It's no different in that following a weight loss program can help you lose fat, you then have to find the right balance to maintain once lost. If you go back to what put the weight there in the first place then yes, it will come back. Interestingly, the same is true of liposuction.
Bensmis, why oh why would anyone think that they are not responsible for their own fat loss and rely purely on the help of a therapist and their Shrinking Violet. Are we really still in a society that says I want everyone to do everything for me. Come on take some responsibility for yourselfs as adults and appreciate it was you that got you the size you are. SV helps you loose the fat, as well as having Liopsuction BUT carry on eaten the cakes and loading up on calories leads to one thing……. increase in fat!!

Also for the record, SV is not made in someones kitchen, it is too big of a global product to be that.

Actiderm is not the same as Shrinking Violet, same principal but certainly no the same. Actiderm has just 2% of the active ingredient and use bandages that soak up the oil. Where as Shrinking Violet has 20% and sinks into the skin. Actiderm is designed to be a DIY at home product and SV is a professional product used by professionals. So very different, you can possible get the same results with less active ingredient and the other factors. SV does not dehydrate the body, in fact the opposite. Actiderm may also offer a free trial to suck you all in, BUT SV does not need to offer free treatments as the product works and each SV therapist knows it. Proof is in the pudding so to speak!! Lets get facts right before slating the product.

Yep I agree lets get the facts right:
Actiderm is a fat/inch loss system
SV is a fat/inch loss system
Actiderm does not dehydrate
SV does not dehydrate
Actiderm has active ingredients to break fats down
SV has active ingredients to break fats down
Actiderm have other products to sell along side the body wrap systems
SV or TO have other products to sell along side the body wrap systems
Actiderm choose to sell to the public & trade
SV choose to sell to professionals only
Actiderm give full training to professionals at no extra cost
SV give full training to professionals at a cost
Actiderm offer a support programme for professionals
SV offer a support programme for professionals
Actiderm do offer a demonstration wrap as part of a presentation to a group of potential customers along with a show & tell of their other products (also know as a party)
SV - I'm not a 100% on the 'demo' situation so won't comment

I think my point is that we all have choices & there are many other brands that offer some kind of system & service. I choose AD but don't feel threatened or the need to slate SV, I know people who do SV that don't feel the need to slate AD. I think as professionals it's not very professional to be nasty about the competitors, at the end of the day beauty is a multi billion pound/dollar industry, there is more than business to go around

The OP asked 'which body wrap' & all that's been achieved is a nasty stand off AD V's SV, if I was the OP I'd be wondering why I bothered asking :(

Latest posts

Back