Boss tells people we have Shellac, but we don't

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jocie

Reaction score
Hey guys ill make this quick...

We have gelish, I tell people its gelish. My manger will tell people its shellac( which is a lie). Its not effin shellac so when they call dont tell them that!
I deffanitly dont respect her as a nail tech or hair dresser but I put that a side because like my job. I showed her the difference between all the gel polishs and shellac, showered her the cnd site and all the articals and books I had on it and still no deal.
She got grumpy said she new more then me and went and told another customer about our "shellac" grrrrrr
Today she was saying to help nail biters tips to stick better you pour monimar( bad speller) all over the exposed bitten skin and nail and cram the tip on top of it (no word of a lie) "it only burns for a minute" she says.

Telling people the wrong service is wrong is it not?

The lying is one thing... the slathering of monomer on peoples hands and on broken skin is another!!! That's just plain dangerous!!:Scared:

My god! Did I read that right? If I was you I'd be looking for another job.:eek:

Yeah that god she doesnt do nails anymore. She actully use to tell clients to keep their broken nails and she would glue them back on ekkkk!
My husband and I are trying to get pregnat so as soon as I do im cutting down hrs and going to transition to home clients. Just a job to tide me over.

Oh my good god! I'm actually lost for words and don't know what to say.

If she tried doing her monomer trick on me I would have gotten up and walked straight back out.

I'd have done the same if I thought I was getting shellac but was actually gelish.

I'm glad you are educating your clients and correcting her incompetence with letting them know its gelish.

Steph xxx

Oh my good god! I'm actually lost for words and don't know what to say.

If she tried doing her monomer trick on me I would have gotten up and walked straight back out.

I'd have done the same if I thought I was getting shellac but was actually gelish.

I'm glad you are educating your clients and correcting her incompetence with letting them know its gelish.

Steph xxx

Yeah me and all the girls are so fed up with her. But its so hard to find a job around here :( and I so like my job. Its hard because im such a brutally honest person and she is not. If I had a client who had mold I would not perform the service. Her? She tells them "oh come right in we have just the thing to fix that" she puts us in such akward situations. She is not to happy with me lately though.

Its funny because the beauty industry is unregulated here in bc anyone can open a salon or school. I went to one of the two last registered schools in my area. One of the "underground schools" teachs students the monomer pour job on nail biters. The things I see walking through the doors are discusting. I feel like im cleaning up other uneducated techs messes all the time. Its such a flooded industry here every single street has a nails or hair sign on it for home busnesses because of these 12 hour courses popping up everywere out of the backs of peoples salons and basements.

Disgusting.

I personally would have reported it, whether it's your job or not. Infact your job is to look after clients nails, so in this case, this is not what is happening here. This person can not tell clients it is Shellac, if it isn't. A lie like this to me, is as bad as everything else she is doing! Shellac is very different from Gelish. She will get caught out one day, and it will all go badly for all of you. You only need a nail tech to go in there to be pampered. I would get out while you can!!

She obviously hasn't the right qualifiactions to do this, otherwise she would do it correctly!!!

Also, what I don't understand is if she keeps saying it is Shellac and not Gelish, she obviously wants it to be Shellac. Why is she not doing this instead of Gelish....or do both? and also it doesn't cost alot to do a course for Shellac!

I feel very sorry for clients that visit your store, if this is going on. It is people like her, that gives us a bad name!

Last edited:
Flipping eck ! Thats bad, why would she pour monomer on their fingers !!! I don't get it ?:confused:

Disgusting.

I personally would have reported it, whether it's your job or not. Infact your job is to look after clients nails, so in this case, this is not what is happening here. This person can not tell clients it is Shellac, if it isn't. A lie like this to me, is as bad as everything else she is doing! Shellac is very different from Gelish. She will get caught out one day, and it will all go badly for all of you. You only need a nail tech to go in there to be pampered. I would get out while you can!!

She obviously hasn't the right qualifiactions to do this, otherwise she would do it correctly!!!

Also, what I don't understand is if she keeps saying it is Shellac and not Gelish, she obviously wants it to be Shellac. Why is she not doing this instead of Gelish....or do both? and also it doesn't cost alot to do a course for Shellac!

Because she is an idiot. She truley is. She likes to show off and sounds smart. All my clients know what they are getting from me though. Gonna see how this week goes I got so fed up with her today I called her right out infront of a customer and said its "gelish not shellac, they are different but id bemore then happy to give you that" normally I do this after she goes away but I did not wait this time.
it is so stupid because I pride myself on always learning and improving. she is helping us do neither. She always says "well iv been a nail tech for 18 years, so I think I know" maybe I have only been doing nails 4 years but I know whats right and whats wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the salon I work in we carry a wide variety of brands, the owner promotes them all as shellac regardless of the brand. I tell personally promote them as gel polish and explain that shellac is a specific brand.

Latest posts

Back