Botox and injectable fillers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

are more women willing to have injectable treatments now than ever before?

• yes

Votes: 37 82.2%
  • no

Votes: 8 17.8%

• Total voters

lilly104

Reaction score
Hi everyone im doing a review into the public opinion of injectable fillers and botox. I need views from beauty professionals.

So....

Do you agree on beauty therapists being able to perform injectable treatments (even after they have the same level of training as a nurse, and have safe, correct training)

Do you believe that the injectable industry needs to be more tightly regulated ?

I would love to hear all your views on these questions and your answers will be a big help for me.
Thank you

They need to be prescribers to legally vary out the treatment, so as long as they are then yes it's fine if they're also a beauty therapist

Sent from my Nexus 7 using SalonGeek mobile app

They're not for me, I'm too much of a scaredy cat! But quite a few of my clients have injectable fillers, botox etc, and its only over the last couple of years or so, at least its only over the last couple of years that people are talking about it.So yes I would say more interest than ever.

It IS invasive, not as much as some things you can have done but to my mind it should only be done by someone with a medical background and obviously all the relevant training and YES should be highly regulated in the interests of everybody.

Hello,
I actually work in a cosmetic surgery clinic and anyone doing injectables needs to be a prescriber now.

Best way to make money from this if your in a salon is to find a really good Doctor or nurse, fill a day a week in your diary for them and charge them a % off all carried out work- easy money for you without any comeback as your not doing the treatment and it's all legal :)

X

Personally I fail to see how a beauty therapist can have the same level of training as a nurse or doctor unless they ARE actually a nurse or doctor..,!!! Ok perhaps they attend the same course to administer the injectables, but without the background knowledge a nurse/dr has, this does not make us equal players..!!

So unless my beauty therapist had a nursing background as well, there is no way in hell I would be letting her near my face (or my clients') with a syringe. Just my opinion but nobody will ever convince me otherwise..!!

I can't grasp people having poison injected into their face in the first place so personally I don't care too much who does it. We'll never get away from the bad and unqualified surgeons, nurses, beauty therapists, etc research and following up on qualifications and testimonials is one way to protect yourself to a degree but nothing is risk exempt.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I had botox for my wedding and whilst I love it, I just don't want to pay X amount every 3 to 4 months, when you work it out over the years it's quite an expensive treatment to have. And NO WAY on gods earth would I want it done by a beauty therapist for all the reasons Bombalurina states.

I've seen some horrendous botox jobs due to incorrect placement of the needle into the muscle, think Spock, who wants to have a manic surprise look 24/7?! I've had my done in a very reputable clinic by a nurse practitioner who's been administering Botox for about 15 years. People need to do their homework.

I had botox for my wedding and whilst I love it, I just don't want to pay X amount every 3 to 4 months, when you work it out over the years it's quite an expensive treatment to have. And NO WAY on gods earth would I want it done by a beauty therapist for all the reasons Bombalurina states.

I've seen some horrendous botox jobs due to incorrect placement of the needle into the muscle, think Spock, who wants to have a manic surprise look 24/7?! I've had my done in a very reputable clinic by a nurse practitioner who's been administering Botox for about 15 years. People need to do their homework.

And we've all seen the botched up bodies programme on TV done by so called qualified surgeons. Some of the filler applications are horrendous. I think homework is paramount... It is frightening though even the most expensive cosmetic surgeries go wrong. There is a massive price to pay to try and stay young and beautiful.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks for all your comments :)

I have made an online survey please feel free to complete it !
Thanks