Botox

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrstruman

Reaction score
Hi skin geeks
Im looking for a bit of advice, ive had botox 3 times now the last time december , however i have started to get a sort of tingling feeling (a bit like when you 1st have botox and can feel it workin) around my eyebrows/crows feet area, does that make sense, i had the tingling the second time i had botox but this time it is more frequent does anyone know what this could be, i am booked in to have botox again in may and was going to have all 3 areas done, (usually have 2) but am worried now, i do love botox though and would hate not to be able to have it lol

Hi,

According to the information leaflet with botulinum toxin A products such as Botox, a rare side effect can be altered sensation of the area affected.

For nerve impulses to be transmitted from their source to the brain, they need 'neuro-transmitters' such as acetyl choline to pass along the nerve. This is the same for movement of muscles as well as sensation of the muscles.

Botox generally blocks this neurotransmitter to stop the muscles contracting therefore stopping the lines. However, rarely the sensation can be affected as well. It may be that your treatments have causes a partial sensation impairment hence the 'tingles' or sometimes 'pins and needles' that people describe.

This is usually temporary and not harmful, but it would probably be worth discussing with your botox nurse/doctor if you are concerned.

It also depends on the extent of the symptoms and how much they are concerning you as to whether you decide not to have the area treated again and I would have thought these symptoms would ease off if you didn't have the same area treated but I would need to have a proper face to face consultation to work out exactly what was happening.

Does the area feel 'numb' to touch with your finger tips? Is there any loss of function such as movement of the eyelid or brow?

Hi,

According to the information leaflet with botulinum toxin A products such as Botox, a rare side effect can be altered sensation of the area affected.

For nerve impulses to be transmitted from their source to the brain, they need 'neuro-transmitters' such as acetyl choline to pass along the nerve. This is the same for movement of muscles as well as sensation of the muscles.

Botox generally blocks this neurotransmitter to stop the muscles contracting therefore stopping the lines. However, rarely the sensation can be affected as well. It may be that your treatments have causes a partial sensation impairment hence the 'tingles' or sometimes 'pins and needles' that people describe.

This is usually temporary and not harmful, but it would probably be worth discussing with your botox nurse/doctor if you are concerned.

It also depends on the extent of the symptoms and how much they are concerning you as to whether you decide not to have the area treated again and I would have thought these symptoms would ease off if you didn't have the same area treated but I would need to have a proper face to face consultation to work out exactly what was happening.

Does the area feel 'numb' to touch with your finger tips? Is there any loss of function such as movement of the eyelid or brow?
Hi thanks for your reply, just to let you know the areas i had treated were my forehead and frown lines, i did have my crows feet done the very 1st time i had botox but that was back in 2010. I havent had any other problems apart from the tingling/pins and needles feeling and actually the last couple of days i havent felt it as much, ive got no numbness and eyelids are fine brows dont move too much but im assuming thats just normal as the muscles are frozen, would really love to come down to you for a consultation and botox redone from your profile i can tell you really know your stuff, but i wont drive on motorways haha , thanks again for your reply much appreciated

Thanks! If only I could travel to everyone that said that... Can't spread myself too thin though! Hope things settle but your own Botox practitioner should be able to give good advice too...

Adam

Latest posts

Back