Boxing Day bookings!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aheppy

Reaction score
Hi geeks I've been asked by a guest staying at the hotel in December weather I can do two massage & a pedi on Boxing Day morning, I willing to do it as new business can do with any money I can get! But should I charge more, as it's Boxing Day? If so how much? 20% on top? Does that sound reasonable? Would appreciate any advice thanks!

I wouldn't charge more as really it's just another day and if your happy to work it then just charge the same but definitely take a non refundable deposit as people make all these plans now and then after they've bought all their Xmas pressies and they are skint they'll cancel last minute x

Personally I would charge extra seeing as it's a day I wouldn't normally work. But it's up to you what you are happy with. x

I'm not sure about extra but definitely take a 50% non returnable deposit.

:)

I would charge extra and take a non refundable deposit :)

I would charge extra. I wouldn't work on boxing day for normal rate. They can say no or negotiate!
I would also take a non refundable deposit.

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

No way would I work Boxing day....at any price......However, I respect everybodys view and situation might make this a hard one to resist!
DEFINITELY charge more....this industry is becoming tooooo 'available'.

No way would I work Boxing day....at any price......However, I respect everybodys view and situation might make this a hard one to resist!
DEFINITELY charge more....this industry is becoming tooooo 'available'.

Totally agree. I don't work Sundays either and was asked to do a massive pamper day locally on a Sunday. I offered to organise it, provide staff at £140 each for the day and product, and I wanted £180. They refused and said it was too much. This was for a massive company for their staff. Obviously I didn't do it. That was fine with me.

You have to weigh up how much you want that client and how much money you want to leave your family for work whatever day it is, or alternatively just say no!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Charge extra & make it worth while or don't do it!!

When I worked from home last year I did a set if nails for a regular on Boxing Day, now even though I worked from home I thought why am I doing this? She doesn't think any better of me I should be downstairs enjoying Christmas like everyone else!

This year il be closed from Xmas to 30th, tough luck if they don't book their appts soon enough. I'm having time off! I think it should be compulsory that everywhere is closed Boxing Day & new year x

Thanks for the advice guys, will defiantly be taking a deposit!

The joy of being self employed is that you can dictate your own opening times/days and hours.
I don't mind working Christmas or boxing day, to me it's just another day so I can't see why it should be made compulsory to close on those days. Let everyone choose for themselves.

If it's important to you to spend this time with your family, then do so.

I would word it as a booking fee rather than a deposit. No question about a refund then.

I wouldn't charge extra but take a 100% non refundable deposit as it's a day you don't normally work x

I personally would say yes I would love to do it however with it been Boxing Day they will be an additional charge so the treatments will cost £200 in total and a 100% deposit will be needed a month prior to the appointment.

There isn't NO WAY I'm getting my bum out of bed on Boxing Day morning for less that £200!! If they say no then let some other fool do it!! You are worth a hell of a lot more than to work for standard rate on Boxing Day!!! No other trade profession would do it!
Imaging the bill you would get if you called a Plummer or a sparky out on Boxing Day!!!

I wouldn't work Boxing Day as I have small kids but being a new business it's hard to pick and choose so if you feel I may lead to repeat business then go for it. Charge extra and take a 50% non refundable deposit.

Also remember it's just money so unless you are really hard up try and get more from it. If you have a Facebook page try and get them to write a good review on your page as that's something that stays and will encourage more clientele. I'm fairly new to what I do and with every client I'm thinking about how they can help me grow my business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back