Brains in Beauty

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's ridiculous how people sometimes assume a beautician is doing what she's doing because she cannot do anything else. :irked:

A cheeky teenager sat having her Shellac done recently whilst telling her friend (who she'd brought along) that "Lucy's doing beauty next year, let's face it she's not very academic is she)

Bl***y cheek

I've done a number of things, estate agency, legal sec, PA, etc. . . . and I love doing nails more than anything I've ever done :D I'm no brainache but certainly have plenty of choice and I choose nails because I LOVE IT!

Here here!!!

I have 11 GSCE's, 4 A Levels & an honours degree. I spent 10 years working in television production and the last 2 as the PA to a University Pro Vice-Chancellor.

Last year I chose to start training with CND with an ambition of one day working for myself, doing something I love, on my own terms. Since then I have had the privilege of being trained by an incredibly talented and enthusiastic educator and of meeting some equally talented and inspiring individuals.

This industry requires skill, determination and enthusiasm, not to mention excellent people skills and I for one am proud to be a part of it - my only regret is that I didn't do this sooner!

lol

i went the other way! I was accepted onto my barristers training course BVC and turned it down and Im now about to start a hairdressing course and doing beauty courses around it!

Nothing worse than stereotypes!

Latest posts

Back