Brand new beauty couch marked?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chloe Bryan

Belle
Reaction score
Hello. I have just received my beauty bed from eBay and it's got marks on it. I have contacted seller and they offered to refund £10. I need it for Friday would you except the refund and keep it as it will be covered with blankets anyway or send back for full refund?

Attachments

• 20190304_190821.jpg
    20190304_190821.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 20190304_190817.jpg
    20190304_190817.jpg
    861.6 KB · Views: 41
That would annoy me, even though it’s going to be covered up. I don’t mind marks if I’ve made them myself but that is cheeky offering you £10.. I bet it was quite expensive if sold as “new”!? I’d send it back personally, but that doesn’t help if you need one by Friday...

Hello. I have just received my beauty bed from eBay and it's got marks on it. I have contacted seller and they offered to refund £10. I need it for Friday would you except the refund and keep it as it will be covered with blankets anyway or send back for full refund?

Was the item described as “used”. If so, then it’s subject to general wear and tear. Having said that, if the marks are significant and weren’t mentioned in the description, then you are actually entitled to a full refund.

That said, if the couch is going to be covered continuously and it’s only you who’s going to see the marks, I’d hang on to it if as you say, you need it by Friday.

At the end of the day, the final decision is obviously yours.

We had something similar -- an electric couch, just before we opened. We realised the motor was installed back-to-front so if you were to raise it with the leg section down, it would actually rip its own motor off!
* We complained - they offered £10 & suggested we remove and refit the motor
It looked do-able BUT we weren't happy that insurance would cover us if it fell apart under a client.
* We complained again - they offered £15
* We complained again - they offered £25
* We told them to collect it and mentioned Trading Standards - they sent us a whole new base!

In your heading you said the couch is brand new so those amount of marks definitely aren't acceptable unless it was sold as "seconds" or damaged? If you paid full price for it I would want a lot more than a £10 refund, even if it is going to be covered in blankets. I think they're being a bit cheeky!

If you can live with the marks I would decide on a realistic figure that you'd be happy with and ask them to refund that amount, or come and collect the couch. If they refuse you could mention trading standards (as mentioned above), which should hopefully make them more accommodating!
Good luck. Let us know what happens!

Latest posts

Back