Branding

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I'm after a bit of advice on decoration/branding.

Basically I'm quite fickle and can't decide on one design so was wondering if there was anyone who had tried out different looks in the salon and treatment menus/business cards etc and saw one look worked best or one dated quite quickly.

I also don't want to go for anything too trendy that I'll have to update/redecorate in the next few years. So here are my ideas so far:

Decor: modern, white gloss, bright pink gloss, very light, big oversized chandelier
Cards: white with bright pink writing, probably swirly font (not sure what that's called!)

Or

Dark, boudoiur feel, maybe blacks/greys with a bright colour light aqua blue or pink or post box red, Parisian themed furniture, a massive chandelier.
Cards would probably have to be quite dark to tie in with this, not sure how I feel about that.

Or

Luxury hotel bathroom style with lots of creams, rich coffee colours, dark chocolate, lots of fresh flowers.
Cards would be good quality cream card with dark chocolate writing in something non offensive like ariel font.

Or

Pale pinks and creams, very light and airy, big white chandelier, quite girly using cocktail glasses as decoration, glass sweet jars, cake stands etc.
Cards would be cream and pale pink, possibly with pics of sweets being held and the focus being on the nail.

I was also wondering about imagery used on promotional materials? What kind of photos do you go for? I was wondering about something that a females eye would automatically be drawn to, something like a cocktail glass or cupcake with a picture of a hand just inside the shot with beautiful nails, what do you think of this? Is it not specific enough right away about what I actually offer?

I want the feel for the customer to be very indulgent, pure pamper time. I offer nails, lashes/brows and spray tanning and with treatments over £20 I offer a free cupcake and glass of sparkling wine (I have all the licenses needed).

Any help is much appreciated :)

Based on your ideas for the image on your business card, and the cupcake and champagne that you do, in my opinion you should go for the last idea. They're all very different though, brainstorm about the feel of the salon too maybe? Visualize uniforms, the kind of clients you'd have in etc. I think it'd all tie in really nicely, kind of kitsch and girly and indulgent.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back