Brassy highlights on a base 5

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi geeks, I was wondering if anyone can help. Colour isn’t my strongest I know but here goes I did half a head of highlights on a base 5 solid full head existing colour. I felt so disheartened when I had finished as the colour was not flattering at all. Has anyone any ideas on how to keep it more natural?? She had 50% grey on the roots so I retouched with 5/0 and 6% then was going to take it a shade lighter each time! I was extremely short of time and didn’t really have time to think about it tbh. I know it hindsight I would have had to cleanse it first but she seemed happy enough but just didn’t get job satisfaction. Was wondering if you guys had a any better ideas to keep it as natural as possible?? X

What level did you lift it to? And did you tone?

Hi geeks, I was wondering if anyone can help. Colour isn’t my strongest I know but here goes I did half a head of highlights on a base 5 solid full head existing colour. I felt so disheartened when I had finished as the colour was not flattering at all. Has anyone any ideas on how to keep it more natural?? She had 50% grey on the roots so I retouched with 5/0 and 6% then was going to take it a shade lighter each time! I was extremely short of time and didn’t really have time to think about it tbh. I know it hindsight I would have had to cleanse it first but she seemed happy enough but just didn’t get job satisfaction. Was wondering if you guys had a any better ideas to keep it as natural as possible?? X
Did you tone the highlights afterwards ?

Toned with 9/16

Was it even the whole way through? What did you not like? Was it too brassy?

Toned with 9/16
If it was brassy I suppose there would be orange there as well as yellow so you probably would have been using 9/16 with 8/81?

Yes just felt like it was too light for the base if that makes sense as I flooded 5/0 inbeteeen too.

Ohh I think maybe toning down to an 8 would have looked more natural :)

But if the client is happy that is what is important :) but when I go a 5 I always have the foils as an 8 :)

I know but clients get in your head sometimes and want it as light as they can [emoji51]

Yeah I definitely get you :). And she was happy so you did your job! But if you wanted it more natural I would suggest an 8 :)

Thanks for replying hun! I appreciate it! [emoji3]

Latest posts

Back