Brazilian on yourself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaLF

Reaction score
Guys I'm about to attempt a brazilian on myself. I work alone and usual place I go can't take me. I'm desperate lol so going to *attempt* it!! I need any tips or tricks any of you use I know some of you wax yourselves! Oh god I'm scared lol!!

Do small areas and use a mirror!

Count to 10 before pulling the wax off....but if when you count to 10 you can't face it then count again! Thats what I do lol I also use smaller strips of wax, use a mirror, keep everything as close and within reach as possible and expect it to take twice as long as doing a client. Good luck!! :D

Ive attempted this twice before and both times quit before i had finished. Knowing when you're about to rip that wax off was just too much for me lol
Good luck with it and i agree, use a mirror and something stable for you to lift your leg up on.

I find it fairly easy, especially if you do it regularly. I have no one who can do mine, so diy is the only way. I don't count to 10, I count to 3 out loud and off it comes, followed by a bit of swearing. It's a lot better when I have contacts in as sweating, half naked, dancing around in pain and glasses sliding down your nose is not a good look.

Vic x

Right..well that was interesting lol. It was hard to pluck up the courage to rip the strip but I stretched until my skin felt like it was about to tear open lol. Funnily enough it didn't hurt as much as the girl who usually does it (I've always felt she never stretched enough). But kirstie you're right I didn't quite make it to a brazilian lol. The thoughts of having the rip the wax off each side.. No thank you. My ridiculous half California half brazilian attempt will have to do for now :D

Emma is there nobody on here close enough to you that you could arrange to do a treatment swap with? You get an intimate wax from them & they get one from you (or any other treatment they want from you like a massage or eyelashes etc..).

I'm in Wexford in Ireland so I doubt it :(

Ouch! I tried to do a hollywood on myself once :( I ended up being too impatient, putting too much wax on and not stretching enough. Results = some skin removed :( never again...I can't even bear anyone else doing it as it hurts too much - wimp over here!

No pain, no gain
Am I the only one that looks forward to that wonderful sting?! Ahh the clean and smooth skin it leaves behind. Worth it!
Small sections, pull tight and I find squatting works the best lol especially when it's time to do the bum. Mirror helps to see where the hair lurks but I prefer to use my fingers to determine the actual hair direction.

stretch and take 500 mg paracetamol half an hour before and listen to music to take your mind of it

I don't have any kim lawless waxers near me or anyone in the area trained in advanced waxing so do my own.. follow kims technique as close as possible and to be honest the results are much better than what I would have done elsewhere in past

its a bit sore but I refuse to give myself sympathy just hack on with it and I find after the first section I become numb to the pain and know its going to be soo worth it

the Brazilian would be my top treatment now and customers always ask where I get mine done they're fascinated I can do my own lols

Latest posts

Back