Break ups

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mimski

Reaction score
As the title suggests I've just broken up with my boyfriend of 3 years. It was mutual and probably for the better but god I'm so upset! Why are these things so difficult?!

Didn't want to read and run. The first few weeks are always the hardest :-(. Im a great believer in everything happens for a reason. One day when you find the man of your dreams you will look back and realise that this needed to happen for you to move on. In the meantime I hope you have a good support network of friends and family. Keep strong. It does get easier with time xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sending hugs xx

Sorry to hear this :(
I hope your sad period doesn't last too long for you, nothing worse than not being able to concentrate on anything because your state of mind isn't in the right place.
Hugs to you xx

Hugs xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I know what you're going through but keeping busy is the key!
Spend time doing things you couldn't do in the relationship and spend your time around friends and family.
Don't let a breakup distract you from your life and from your goals.
I spent a year being depressed and i couldn't let go, this resulted me in leaving my hairdressing AND beauty therapy course because I couldn't accept it and move on. Which then lead to me being a complete mess and ended up spending so much time I can NEVER get back
Break ups happen because of a reason that's why you're not with that person and believe me NO one cries for anybody & time doesn't wait for anyone.
Keep doing what you're doing and learn to love your life and being independent.
I agree with curlygirl one day you will look back and want to slap yourself! Been there :S
Try not to get into a rebound relo because it won't help, if anything it will make it worse.
I hope you get there hun, it's easier said than done and if you ever need to talk PM me because i'm 99% sure i've been through every $hitty thing a relo can offer you :lol:

Goodluck x :hug:

Im just going through a break up with mine of 4years, we have two kids together, were still living together for a few weeks be4 we move back to our parents house. Its hard (sound stupid although im the one that called it a day) i wont bore you with my story lol

Like the other geeks have said, keep busy and keep ur mind off it, its hard but you will get over him.

Hugs

Here if you want a pm chat xxx

Well, today's been ok - work kept me busy but when I had a minute to myself it all started to kick in 😔. I know it's so cliché but I've lost my best friend too, it's all mutual so at least I know there's no hard feelings etc. I start a new job in two weeks so that will give me something to look forward to and concentrate on! Thank you all for your lovely messages xxxxx

Well, today's been ok - work kept me busy but when I had a minute to myself it all started to kick in 😔. I know it's so cliché but I've lost my best friend too, it's all mutual so at least I know there's no hard feelings etc. I start a new job in two weeks so that will give me something to look forward to and concentrate on! Thank you all for your lovely messages xxxxx

Glad to hear you're holding up :)
This is gonna sound so immature but when I'm in a bad mood, I load up my Sims and destroy virtual lives to make me feel better about my own hahaha

Congrats on your new job and good luck for your first day :hug:

Glad to hear you're holding up :)
This is gonna sound so immature but when I'm in a bad mood, I load up my Sims and destroy virtual lives to make me feel better about my own hahaha

Congrats on your new job and good luck for your first day :hug:

As sick as it sounds.........thats such a good idea!!!! Haha xx

Congrats on ur new job chick and good luck. Best thing is keep busy and keep ur mind of it you will get through it xoxo

I was in exactly the same situation. We've been broken up for. 2 years now and although I've moved on he hasn't. I'm really happy in my new(ish) relationship but me and my ex are still friends and still chat from time to time.

We were just different people and we knew it wasn't working so the best thing to do was to end it. We were best friends before we got together!! Miss him as a friend all the time but knew it was for the best. You'll be fine :)

That's what I'm finding hard, the friend part of it all. Just things like texting him on my lunch to see how his day's going and if something happens not being able to share it with him seems so unfair! He's been such a rock to me and I don't know how to switch off that side of things? I'm also worried about how I'll cope when he moves on/will it be a couple of weeks or months for him. I just don't know. My heads such a muddily place at the moment! :( xxxx

Aw Mimski as someone once said to me, if a break up doesn't hurt, then the relationship wasn't worth it in the first place and didn't mean much to begin with.

What you're feeling is completely normal, hang in there lovely. Those feelings will fade over time. Every time you have a wobble, just remember why the relationship doesn't work anymore. Keep strong missus xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I found that the best way to cope was to delete my exs number and stop being "friends" because it just hurt in the long run.
I also deleted and blocked his fb so that I couldn't see if and when he'd moved on or see any pictures of him with girls I didn't know... I also told friends not to tell me anything they'd heard or saw about him and it's the best thing I'd done cos by the time I'd found out he was with someone else, I was over him and I didn't care :)

I know it's easier said than done and you can always come on here for a vent :)

It is so difficult because you said you were with him for 3 years. Just because it was mutual does not make it any easier. Give it time and hopefully you can either work things out with him or heal.

Latest posts

Back