Bridal make-up course, which one?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koochi beauty

Reaction score
Can anyone please help advise on which bridal makeup course to choose?
Preferably a 2 day course with practical based training. I'm in the north west but am willing to travel n stay for the right course. I've done makeup at college within level 2 beauty therapy but want extra training on how to get brides looking flawless and photo ready! Also great training on making eyes beautiful!
I've done done research and illamasqua bridal and beyond and also Cheshire makeup academy have caught my eye, does anyone know any about these courses or any other ?? So many to choose from just want to spend my money on the right course!
:rolleyes:

Hi. I can't give an answer but didn't want to read and run. I am in the same situation looking to do a bridal makeup course. I've been looking at Art Deco. Met them at a show a few years ago. Bought makeup for personal use and loved it. They also gave me a makeover at the show and were so nice and helpful. Hence why Im thinking of training with them. Shame i Would also have to travel. Hope someone gives you a more helpful answer. :)

I've done the bridal makeup course at Cheshire Makeup Academy. It was good and I thought it represented good value for money for 2 days of very intensive (and tiring!) tuition. The tutor is a real working makeup artist and is lovely, plus the groups are very small (maximum of 4 I think - could be 6 but there were only 3 of us on my course which was great).

BUT - I don't feel it is enough to go out and do bridal makeup. I am now saving up for the 3 week fashion hair & makeup course at School of Makeup in Stockport. I've chosen this one as it seems to be where the working artists in my area studied - plus they have lots of aftercare, an active jobs board for work experience/paid jobs and they run special speaker stuff through the year that you can attend as a graduate for as long as you like. It is expensive, but the people getting the work seem to be graduates of School of Makeup so I give in, I'm going to pay the money!!! :lol:

I got the info from Art Deco, you have to do the basic intro day before you can do the bridal day, plus you have to buy their kit to learn with (they don't provide anything) so although it looked cheaper initially as the cost of a day's tuition is less than the equivalent cost at Cheshire Makeup Academy, it worked out no cheaper in the end. I don't know how good the tuition is there as I haven't been there, but I've only ever heard good reviews of the products - I will probably get some products once I'm ready to get out there and offer bridal services, they will sell wholesale to make up artists.

As far as I'm aware, the Illamasqua school is based in London, but if you know of Illamasqua training in the north west let me know!

Thanks for the replys. I did look at the school of makeup but found it too expensive (maybe I should reconsider)
:)

I know, it is a lot of money but I don't think you can achieve the same thing cheaper really. That is the school with the best reputation (the tutor on the Cheshire MUA course said it was the only one in the north west that she would recommend). You could also look at the North West Media Makeup School - it's a lot cheaper and they do a bridal specific course. One of the girls on here has done it and said it was really good.

Hi yes, it was me that did my bridal course at the north west media school of make up.

i really enjoyed it and the principle is a mine of information and support after you finish.

They are based in Media City now, Salford.

Contact them and have a chat its worth it.

I contacted Manchester school of makeup and they do private tuition for 250 a day, you can basically tell them exactly what u feel u need to learn it sounds great so I'm doing 2 days with a working makeup artist. Excited! :lol:

That sounds brilliant, I need to ring them and speak to them (again... They will be so sick of me!) Do you know if they offer private tuition for hair too? Maybe I would be better off doing a few days of makeup and a few of hair one to one, you are bound to learn more and faster if it's just you and the tutor. Is that how it works, is it one to one??

I was planning on doing the 3 week course, but the only time I could go is August next year when I will (all being well) have a 6 month old. I am not sure I will want to or be able to leave the baby (and a 3 year old) every day for 3 weeks, but some private one to one tuition could be easier to fit in. Do you have a choice of dates??

I will call them for info but anything you're able to tell me would be great! :biggrin:

Yes it is one to one tuition. I'm waiting for the mua that will be training me to give me a call and arrange suitable date that suits us both. I'm afraid I've no idea about hair side of it but I bet they would! :lol:
I've a 3 year old too thats the main reason for wanting the shorter course, difficult to leave them especially when you have ti take travel time into consideration too!
Can't wait for her to ring n get it organized...I'll let u know how it goes...

That would be great, I'm really keen to hear about it. It will be next summer at the earliest before I can go, but I will call them before that and get some dates sorted hopefully - not sure how far in advance they will allow me to book, but will talk to them. I would love to hear how it goes for you!

Latest posts

Back