Bride confirming booking the day before her wedding!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ljboutique

Reaction score
So I did the bridal parties trials three weeks ago and haven't heard a thing until I listen to my voicemails this morning to hear a message from the bride asking if I am still ok to do the wedding makeup tomorrow!!!

Now some further info before her trial she refused to fill out my booking form she just kept ignoring my emails and making excuses. She didn't tell me four people were requiring trials and she messed me around on trial dates . So on the trial day which I did on my day off I might add I was at her house for four and a half hours doing all the unexpected trials. It turns out they had all previously had trials with another makeup artist also! As I left the house the mother of the bride said so are we booking for the day the bride replied well I have some paper work to fill out and will be in touch which brings us to today! In my terms and conditions it states no deposit no date held and full balance is due one week before the wedding. This bride has already caused me a lot of stress I can only imagine what she will be like on the wedding day . The wedding is a 6am start I just can't help feeling someone else has let her down now she is guilt tripping me into a wedding I do not want to do. I am going to email her and tell her she hasn't actually booked me and she hasn't followed any of my terms and conditions so I didn't have to hold her date and now I have other commitments. If anyone is good at wording this it would be much appreciated! I have never come across this in the 7 years I have been a makeup artist

Why not do the wedding and charge more? Payment upfront.

Wow she clearly thinks you are available at the drop of a hat. I think I would say something along the lines of 'good morning, unfortunately as you didn't complete a booking form, or pay the deposit as stated in the contract there was no booking made for your wedding. As a result I now have other commitments and unable to attend. I wish you all the best for your day. Thank you ..'

Thanks omi1 that is pretty much exactly what I just wrote! I also included I am sorry if you have been let down by someone else for you to be contacting me at such short notice. I Will let you know if she gets back to me its such a strange situation!

Why don't you call her and just say that you are miffed with the answer phone message as she never got back to you after the trial with regards to booking you for her wedding day, three weeks has now passed and your diary is full. Explain that you would normally take payment 7 days before the wedding day. You will then hear what she has to say and what had happened and if someone has let her down. Then its up to you whether you want to do the wedding but make it clear you will have to rearrange your diary and it will cost her ex amount of ££ for doing so?
:) hope that helps. Be firm but obviously in a nice polite way ;) its your business x

Last edited:
That bride is going I completely freak out lol. It's odd because I remember I started re-confirming suppliers 2 weeks before my wedding and then the week of everything was set and in place, I think you're right I think she has either been let down by someone else or maybe completely forgot to sort it all out and is hoping she can make it sound like it's your fault.

Did you hear back??! X

Nope haven't heard from her which is probably the best outcome really

I wouldnt do it either, as if she expected you to do her wedding day with no confirmation and has been ignoring you. It's just so RUDE!!!

I once had to cancel a wedding due to personal reasons and this was 2 weeks before the day, I felt awful... I searched all over the internet for the lady to find someone else, she was crying, I did find someone after around 3 hours, never got a thank you and never heard from her again. Turns out she found her own makeup artist and let the one down I found for her last minute.
Ever since that drama I haven't bothered running after anyone, helping them find someone else or chased them. If they want my service then they can chase me.

Let us know if she gets in touch!!

This post has made me really think! I dont have wedding contract with t&c's for brides to be to sign. Think this is something i should implenent!
I get messed about with weddings alot (theres alot of bridezillas out there) and it DOES MY HEAD IN when they think you have nothing better to do than drop everything for them grrrrr!

Would anyone be kind enough to pm an idea of how to set out a contract for wedding make up???? 💕

Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do a trial and charge £50 and that secures the wedding day in my diary which we confirm at the trial as well as times etc. If a bridesmaid or MOB wants a trial I stipulate it must be done on the same day as the brides trial and charge separately - and less - for that. MOB and bridesmaid make up is only available with bridal make up.
I have never had a problem like this. All my prices are on my price list and I find this very straightforward.
I have never needed anything more!

Vicki x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back