Bride to be 2014

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Salongeek12

Reaction score
Hiya

I am a bride to be, soooooo excited :) and I wondered if anyone here might be able to recommend hair and make-up professionals happy to work within Kent and able to come to my house for trials. I have been researching and I have selected several to compare but I wondered who you might suggest as there are so many it's hard to know who to go with!

If possible, I would rather have one person able to carry out both services but please feel free to recommend individuals even if they only offer one of the services mentioned.

I also need someone who does spray tanning in/around Kent (again it can be the same person). I need a spray tan that can be applied a couple of days before but that will last whilst showering etc. I once had a St Tropez and it went patchy a day or two afterwards, after showering, like freckles. I usually do my own tan but for my wedding day I would like a proper tan. Or maybe a spray tan that I could have the night before the wedding perhaps - that would be great then I know it will last.

I would also like to have lashes but apart from the Boots DIY lashes I am a lash virgin lol so again recommendations very welcome!

Lastly, recommendations for eyebrow growth serums and really good eyebrow make-up would be great as mine are fair, fine and sparse :(

Can't wait to hear back! Thanks all x

I'm not much help as dont live in Kent, but just wana say huge Congrats!! Ii can share your excitement as I got engaged last week :)) no wedding for me anytime soon tho lol xxx

Congratulations :) where in kent are you? Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Hiya

I am a bride to be, soooooo excited :) and I wondered if anyone here might be able to recommend hair and make-up professionals happy to work within Kent and able to come to my house for trials. I have been researching and I have selected several to compare but I wondered who you might suggest as there are so many it's hard to know who to go with!

If possible, I would rather have one person able to carry out both services but please feel free to recommend individuals even if they only offer one of the services mentioned.

I also need someone who does spray tanning in/around Kent (again it can be the same person). I need a spray tan that can be applied a couple of days before but that will last whilst showering etc. I once had a St Tropez and it went patchy a day or two afterwards, after showering, like freckles. I usually do my own tan but for my wedding day I would like a proper tan. Or maybe a spray tan that I could have the night before the wedding perhaps - that would be great then I know it will last.

I would also like to have lashes but apart from the Boots DIY lashes I am a lash virgin lol so again recommendations very welcome!

Lastly, recommendations for eyebrow growth serums and really good eyebrow make-up would be great as mine are fair, fine and sparse :(

Can't wait to hear back! Thanks all x

If your after some semi perm lashes , check out lielash i think her name is , you'll fin her on the
'Show us your lashes' thread
Shes amazing and I'm pretty sure shes in kent x
Congrats x

If your after some semi perm lashes , check out lielash i think her name is , you'll fin her on the
'Show us your lashes' thread
Shes amazing and I'm pretty sure shes in kent x
Congrats x

Exactly who I was going to recommend for lashes ;) xxx

Congratulations I can't help you as im not in Kent. Im getting married next year too and its so stressful I need to find some Liverpool geeks to do my treatments but I live in Plymouth so trials are going to be a nightmare. I've got my mum on the case asking everyone she knows for recommendations then i'll go online and check out their work.

Ask people you trust who they would recommend in your area. Hope you find someone amazing and good luck for your big day xxx

Lielash is on Facebook if you'd like to see her work on there...
https://www.facebook.com/EyelashExtensionsinKent

Congrats :)

Also castor oil can help your brows grow if you don't want to buy a fancy serum, then closer to the day you could get them tinted/shaped?
Also, I'm not a tan expert, but I'm sure I've been told before that it's better to have a tan done a few days before so you can wash the guide colour off etc so less is likely to rub off onto your pretty dress :) (any tanning pro's please feel free to correct me)
X

Lielash is on Facebook if you'd like to see her work on there...
https://www.facebook.com/EyelashExtensionsinKent

Congrats :)

Also castor oil can help your brows grow if you don't want to buy a fancy serum, then closer to the day you could get them tinted/shaped?
Also, I'm not a tan expert, but I'm sure I've been told before that it's better to have a tan done a few days before so you can wash the guide colour off etc so less is likely to rub off onto your pretty dress :) (any tanning pro's please feel free to correct me)
X

You're right ;) it's best to jave 2 showers at least to ensure al guide colour is washed off thoroughly. Depending on where in Kent you live. .. I do mobile spray tanning ;) but Lielash also does tanning, so she could do tan and lashes for you. Her home salon is Canterbury ;) xxx

Hey

Thank you all for your replies! :)

Congratulations Danielle that's fantastic news! You will soon be a bride, time will go quick. No harm in getting together ideas now of where and when etc. Trust me the more time you allow the better.

Thanks Noodle, I will check that thread out.

I am based in Minster Glamoureyes11 so Lielash might just be the one as she's Canterbury.

Thanks Delish I will defo check out Lielash.

Aww congratulations Sarahrose14, we share that stress! I hope you also find who you need and have a lovely wedding.

Thanks LMA, I have read a lot about Castor Oil, I did try to get some from a local Chemist but they said they are no longer allowed to sell it but I will give it another try. I might have better luck online. Does anyone know what I should look for on the bottle, i.e. 100% pure castor oil etc??? Is it harmful, I heard it's a laxative! Best not go out after using it then haha.

If I would be safer with a serum then has anyone tried and tested any?

Regarding the tan, I will defo have it done a couple of days before in that case. I will contact Lielash and see what she recommends.

If anyone else has any recommendations please let me know.

Thanks all xx

Congratulations I can't help you as im not in Kent. Im getting married next year too and its so stressful I need to find some Liverpool geeks to do my treatments but I live in Plymouth so trials are going to be a nightmare. I've got my mum on the case asking everyone she knows for recommendations then i'll go online and check out their work.

Ask people you trust who they would recommend in your area. Hope you find someone amazing and good luck for your big day xxx

Hi, I'm in Liverpool. Will send you a PM, I'm sure we can work something out x

Latest posts

Back