Bringing New Things Into The Salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know.. yeh there is room she said that she is just not puttin out more money .. so i dont know what to do.

im a bit taken aback by it all to be honest .. there is nothing i can do until after xmas now anyway as i dont know anyone that is taken anyone on just now.

x

a nail station isnt going to break the bank:irked:

i bet all the clients love you, you come across as a lovely person. Do your flyers with your mobile number and get them out, also give them to every client. Do some mobile work, build up your base and get the xmas rush there then leave, because after christmas you'll be fighting for work in the salon and things will get messy, the owner will divert everyone to the new girl so she can make money herself

hi again emma.. thanks for taken the time to help me out :)
You are welcome :hug:

i do minx already and they are good but think they will be more popular when xmas comes in :) for their parties and stuff.. i have just takena gel course so im tryin to get the practise in with that too.. my threading course is booked for 15th november also..

what is the new tan called that developes in 3/4 hours??
I think wow factor sel it, forgotten the name, I read something about it a while ago - do a search it will come up.

there is alot of competion where i am so the spraytans are £10 in the shop so i dont no how i can lower them anymore??
Wow that is cheap!

yeh i have see the swarovski ones and they look great so i dont no weither to just do them aswell?? and just say well a few of my clients want me to do them cause they are used to me?
Go for it, they dont cost much & will be something extra that you can do.

i do not lock my room at night as there is no lock for the door.. i have a wee beauty room , a small tan room and a nail bar to myself but now the new girl is coming in i have to share the tan room with her and take my tan stuff home and use the bosses until she halfs the room.. my beauty room is still mine and we have to both use the nail bar together.. and my rent is still stayin the same .. dont know if this is rite or nt??
Do yourself a favour & get a lock put on your door, you can get many types of locks put on door, even the ones you put a padlock through.
Keep all your nail stuff in a box, & keep that in your beauty room, every time you do nails take your box with you, never leave your stuff unmanned. I know it sounds harse but if she hasnt got something dont lend or give her anything!
No I dont think this is right at all, I think it is absoulty disgusting, I would ask the owner to reduce your rent, say to her it is not fair I am not getting excatly what I was paying full rent for, that was before you had to share things.
The owner should have split the room in time for the start of this girl, she knew when she was starting!

yeh i was thinkin of getting small black and clear swarovski crystals to put along the line of the eyes where your eyeliner goes.. i put swarovski on the nails also but this is things she can also do.

i just want to be one step ahead of her and be smart and get in there first lol..

with the bikini gems i tld my boss cause of that programm the only way is essex - they do them.. my boss used to have a beautician about 3 years ago that done them but she left and it was never mentioned.. and now she has stole my idea and ordered them in and got the posters to hang up :O
Still do them, it was your idea to introduce them, there is nothing to say you cant do things she does, she clearly doesnt seem bothered that she is stepping on your toes!

yeh i have a heated blanket .. i was thinkin about gettin nice wee candles as well .. we have to both keep our prices the same fr the things we both do obv but i just dnt no hw this is all gng to work xxx
No you dont! You are self employed & set your own prices, you have no-one to answer to regarding your prices
This woman sounds like a bully, telling you what you can & cant do!
I take it you have your own pricelist?
If the owner mentions it, dont get all the prices put on one, have your own pricelists, offers, business cards etc

The candles are a nice touch too, always go down well with clients.

Keep strong, be professional, not too friendly but not rude with this other therapist, you are each others competion!

Cant you speak to that other salon about working there, its a good start they offered you a job in the first place?

Good luck for tomorrow I will be thinking of you! xx:hug::hug:xx

Hi everyone...

i started in a salon 6 months ago and i do nails tans lashes. however the person that owns the shop has another room and has employed a new beauty theripist to start and she does everything i do plus massages, waxing etc.

I recently done the diamonte transfers on a few friends bikini lines and they are really lovely but my boss has now bought them in for the new girl to do after waxing.

so I am wondering what else can i do or bring into the salon that is fun exciting NEW and as quick as the body gems kinda things so I can actually do something she doesnt lol..

any tips or funky wee ideas??

xxx

what do you think of body slimming ? i have a machine nameed KUMASHAPE, maybe you can have a try at you salon. and as for the skin-rejuvenation is also very popular, i recommend you Black moppet Laser Rejuvenation, it's the most popular method now.

lol very fustrating isnt it .. what a nite mare..

yeh i will have a search tonight for that tan and i will also see about the bikini/body gems to then :)

thanks so much for your helping..

i started making flyers last night and fned her asking the name to put on it as there is the hair and then the beauty name and i didnt no if the new girl would be taken the beauty name and i would have to choose another name.. she said if ikeep the beauty name that the other girl is using thennn we wuld have t disguss prices and i said i am keeping my prices the same and she said well the new girl is gonna be dearer and she works on time.. where as my prices are just set .. then i said if i make my own name up then its gonna look as if 2 beauty companies are in the same shop competeing.. so i cant win either way :(xxx

What is the shops name?
On your leaflets etc cant you just "Beauty By Nicole" you could have as a tagline underneath "at the salons name)"
I would definatly put your mobile number on all your marketing, leaflets, business cards/appointment cards. - Or get a new mobile just for work.
If you plan to stay there I would seriously think about getting a website done, (Ruth Mills did mine & many other geeks on here, & is fantastic) but on the www. address just have something like "Beauty By Nicole" DONT have the shops name, as this cant be changed easily at a later date, you can have the shops name & address on the welcome page, as if/when you move on this can be edited.
When you have decieded what business name to go with, get a logo made, I highly recommend Carl Verve (Extentionize) he did my logo & many other geeks on here. Carl is only charges £20 for a logo design & for that you get 2 copies of your logo, one for print use & one for web use.
Also with your logo get a door sign made to put on the front of your beauty room, I did mine on vistaprint & it is actually a car magnet!

"then i said if i make my own name up then its gonna look as if 2 beauty companies are in the same shop competeing.."

This is excatly what it is though, you are two separate business both competing in the same shop.
If you are doing the same treatments & she will be charging more for them, I would imagine this will go against her, why would a client pay more for a treatment in her room when you are cheaper?

Have you thought about doing something like a xmas raffle?
Where clients can win treatments of you to use in Jan & Feb?
Have you got & advertising you xmas vouchers? How about doing them gift wrapped? To be different from the others!

Whatever you do dont tell the owner & therapist about this site!
They will pinch all these ideas! :rolleyes:

x:hug:x

thanks emma :)

i have kinda sorted things out today and just went in with a strong head.. im just gonna have nicole @ (salon name) and the new theripist is going to do the same..

i dont really want to do the waxing course but maybe after christmas and new year i might start to look into it but then i thought alot of my clients shave anyway so with the bikini gems i can still do them.. i havnt mentioned the swarovskis on the eyes or anything and im still doing my threading course in a few weeks too .. plus she doesnt do minx so i suppose i do have a good few things above her :)

just need to look at the bright side just now until after xmas an then start making moves for myself..

thank everyone fr all your help.. yous really made me feel better again :p

xxx

I am so pleased for you, the Nicole at (salon name) & that you both will be doing the same sounds really good.
All the best hun, keep doing courses, & just offer that extra something that she doesn`t that clients will remember & love, it could even be sending your clients a birthday card with a little discount voucher in or letting them have an extra 10 minute relaxation time after a massage etc, hot water bottle, weat wraps, special monthly offers.
Good luck with your threading course - it looks harder than it is, & all you need is practise, practise, practise!
Kim Lawless on here does waxing course & I personally think the intimate waxing is a must now, I hardly ever do a "normal" bikini line wax!
I really really recommend you offer Shellac too, it is probably the best investment of my career!
If you want fantastic, affordable, professional looking leaflets, posters, business cards etc Lynsday at Bimbo Design (on here) is fantastic too!
If you ever what any help on anything you can always PM me! x:hug:x

the new dashing diva nails are popular the kit is £30 + vat you can get it from sweetsquared.com or ellisons. they are really easy and a good money maker.

Also ellisons do hair gems that you just heat on with straightners we charge 75p per gem the pack is 3.99+vat and you get about 80in a pack.

do you offer princess treatments ?
treatments i do are princess minx id do the big toe in a minx and paint the rest and fingers id do middle finger or thumb and paint the rest. we charge £12 for this.

princess makeup £6 = eyeshadow lip gloss sometimes blusher depending on age.
they can add the hair gems and face gems at extra cost

princess manicure or pedicure rub cream into the hand or foot/ polish nails/ add a gem or one finger nail art.

princess glitter soloution we charge £6 we use solglo silver shimmer spray and its done with your spraytanning gun it can go in hair and on clothes.

we do a birthday princess package offering any of these treatments for the bday girl and a friend with 10% off when they have 3treatments (each). we give them a poloroid pic of themselves to take home.

you find with the princess treatments they come with mum who will have a adult treatment.

maybe you could offer a mother a mother and daughter minx package?

to get more clients we do things like have a treatment with a friend and get a % off i.e tan for two £30 (normally £40) must have the same appointment time.

or have two treatments yourself and get a % off.

hope all this helsp its all small things but you find if you can get a lot of people having small treatments you get a good reputation and people will keep coming back and start having bigger treatments x

Hi everyone...

i started in a salon 6 months ago and i do nails tans lashes. however the person that owns the shop has another room and has employed a new beauty theripist to start and she does everything i do plus massages, waxing etc.

I recently done the diamonte transfers on a few friends bikini lines and they are really lovely but my boss has now bought them in for the new girl to do after waxing.

so I am wondering what else can i do or bring into the salon that is fun exciting NEW and as quick as the body gems kinda things so I can actually do something she doesnt lol..

any tips or funky wee ideas??

xxx
if you need IPL / laser, body slimming, skin-care, hair removal machines, please feel free contact me.
Levis [email protected]

Latest posts

Back