Brisa for strength under Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes this applies to all Gels and you DON'T wipe the Inhibition Layer as this is what helps the Shellac anchor to the Gel :hug:
Hths

so.... after finishing then brisa gloss you would just go straight onto Shellac? w/o removing the tacky layer frm the brisa gloss...

Ok let me see if I can write this and it make sence :)

I'm going to explain about Brisa UV Gel as this is what I know about I'm not able to comment on other Gels.
If you think of it like this when you do a Brisa application you use all the correct parts of the system and this is what gives it strength and durability so if you we're to miss out a part of the system then you could be effecting the end result that your client is going to get.

As I said just applying a thin layer of Brisa and not building an Apex will effect the wear for the client and again missing out the Brisa Gloss can also effect the wear as this is what gives the final protection of the Enhancement and as Shellac is a different thing to the Brisa you will not getting the same protective layer over the Brisa with Shellac as you would do with the Brisa Gloss.

Just to say the L&P is different as once you have filed the enhancement you are finished the full application there is not another part of the system you need to apply so its fine to go straight to Shellac Colour.

I really hope this makes sence to you guys and has helped explain
:hug:
This is also the case with nsi gel as once you have finished with the builder gel you can just wipe sticky layer and they are done, there is no break down of service and yes the shellac lasts perfectly

This is also the case with nsi gel as once you have finished with the builder gel you can just wipe sticky layer and they are done, there is no break down of service and yes the shellac lasts perfectly

So you don't do the NSI finish gloss then? And you wipe the dispersion layer from the builder gel and go straight on with the shellac colour coats?
Sorry, I'm just confused coz klassy klaws said to leave the inhibition layer and to totally finish the nail with gloss! Thanks for your help x

so.... after finishing then brisa gloss you would just go straight onto Shellac? w/o removing the tacky layer frm the brisa gloss...

Yes you would completely finish the Brisa application but leave the Inhibition Layer on the Brisa Gloss.

So you don't do the NSI finish gloss then? And you wipe the dispersion layer from the builder gel and go straight on with the shellac colour coats?
Sorry, I'm just confused coz klassy klaws said to leave the inhibition layer and to totally finish the nail with gloss! Thanks for your help x

As I said I can't comment on any other Gel but leaving the inhibition layer will give the Shellac an anchor rather than a wiped surface which is smooth and non sticky.

As I said I can't comment on any other Gel but leaving the inhibition layer will give the Shellac an anchor rather than a wiped surface which is smooth and non sticky.

Great thanks x

Just bumping this again, do you just use a couple of layers of clear gel under the Shellac or clear then pink? (I'm guessing the former).

Thanks

I started doing a NNO with a buff off hard gel followed by gel polish and love the results for those who need extra strength. I use it on myself because I can file off the gel polish and not expose my sensitive skin to more acetone. I usually want to change my polish sooner than 2 weeks. :)

Latest posts

Back