Brisa gel curing in pot

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guessed so :confused:

It's a learning curve, so far I've....

:right: trashed a Pro-styler but not being careful enough with cleaning it out when I'm finished

:right: Split a bottle of Fabric# build all over my lovely new towels and desk

:right: cured my pink and white Brisa gel in their pots

Being new to the game, I expect these kind of daft mistakes and I won't make them again will I :lol:

Thanks

Tina

I've managed to cure about a third of my clear gel pot - is it still ok to carry on using the non cured part or should I bin and get a new one.
No idea how I've cured it cos been v careful with the lamp. Guess not careful enough !
Thanks

Debsidoo99 said:
I've managed to cure about a third of my clear gel pot - is it still ok to carry on using the non cured part or should I bin and get a new one.
No idea how I've cured it cos been v careful with the lamp. Guess not careful enough !
Thanks

Right!! Some practical advise and so simple this does not need to be a problem ... just a slight change of technique. You cannot work with open pots of Brisa Gels during the entire service.

Firstly I remove the white discs that cover the gel and I bin them ... they are needed for shipping to prevent leakage but not afterwards.

Then I loosen the lid of the pot so I can easily lift it on and off during the service.

I hold my brush in my hand as normal and holding it between my index and middle fingers, I release my thumb. I then lift the lid off the pot of gel with my thumb and ring finger and place it behind the pot. I scoop up my gel and holding the brush the same way as described above I replace the lid on the pot using my thumb and ring finger and apply and work the bead.

I never loose contact with my client (until I put her under the UV Lamp) and it is so quick and easy. Doesn't take any more time and the pots of gel are covered nearly all the time..

Brisa is handled a little differently from other gels for the reasons we have mentioned many times now. Brisa is not like other gels ...it is different and improved technology so it is necesary to change some old techniques and to learn and to adapt to some new ones. Just as you would with any new and innovative product. They work differently. BUT ... the benefits of learning to work with Brisa Gels without problems FAR outweigh any disadvantages to the product.

There are now hundreds and hundreds of technicians using Brisa Gels very sucessfully who just adore it so it can be done if technicians are willing to be a little flexible with a new and exciting product.

I agree totally and I have (am trying) to adapt the way I work so that the gel is protected. As with everything, it takes time to get used to the product. So, can I still use the uncured part of my pot or should it now be binned ???

Sorry Love, got carried away and didn't even answer you rquestion??? :rolleyes:

YES anything that is not cured can be used ... it is not affected.

Trinity Nails said:
I've managed to cure both my pink and white (half of each) in their pots too :evil:

They were nowhere near the light - I was doing toe overlays in my lap, the lamp was on the floor and the gel on the dining room table beside me.

I was also nowhere near a window - at the other end of a 12' room from the windows

HOWEVER, I was sitting under about 12 halogen spot lights (directly under 2 of them over the dining table) so I am assuming that's what has cured them :sad:

Do you have those funky little halogen spot lights Debs could that be the problem? :idea:
No I don`t work directly under any light because the shop is bright enough. That was obviously my problem which is why I`ve moved to a slightly less bright side of the shop and hide my open pot under a purpose built marquee (for want of a better word).
As for leaving the lids off for the entire service, I don`t do that either but I can`t work the way Gigi has suggested either.
I`m just happy I have found a way to work with it and it just goes to show that with this board and all its wonderful users, along with the willpower, you can find a way to work with something you truly believe is wonderful.
Now theres a word.........willpower!!!!!!! why can`t I find that with food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back