Brisa Gel out of date??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*Ang*

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

Not sure if this is a silly question but does this gel go off? I have had a kit for about 9 months, and it has been used once (on the conversion day).

Since then it has been in the box and stored away under the bed. It seems to be really thick in the pot (especially the white gel) and I'm certain it wasn't like that when I used it on the training day.

Will it be ok to use? Thanks in advance nail geeks

Hi Geeks,

Not sure if this is a silly question but does this gel go off? I have had a kit for about 9 months, and it has been used once (on the conversion day).

Since then it has been in the box and stored away under the bed. It seems to be really thick in the pot (especially the white gel) and I'm certain it wasn't like that when I used it on the training day.

Will it be ok to use? Thanks in advance nail geeks

Hi, it sound like it may just be too cold, try warming the tub up in you hands and it should soften up.

natalie x

I'm sure there is an expiration, I just don't know what it is :o I'll bet there are a couple of folks here who know the answer to that one.

But usually just warming up the gel will make it feel thinner and more workable.

Rule of thumb is at least 1 year from manufacture. So it COULD be out of date - but kind of doubt it ;)

I wouldn't worry about it going out of date... I've had gel for longer than that and it's been perfect

HTH:hug:

Thanks geeks, I'll warm it first and have a play around tomorrow :green:

Thanks geeks, I'll warm it first and have a play around tomorrow :green:

Have you done gel toes with Brisa?

If you don't feel confident in doing enhancements with gel, gel toes gets you into the swing of things. Great for the summer too.

Natalie x

I'm sure your gels are fine as long as they haven't been subjected to extreme heat or cold. manufacturers will only guarantee their products for one year but products can last mush longer if kept in the right conditions.

The Brisa White Sculpting Gel is thick ,, it is meant to be and warming may help you although I don't ever warm it I must say; I've learned to use it the way it is. The paint on white gel is thinner.

Latest posts

Back