Brisa help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RachFace

Reaction score
Ive done my first set of Brisa French nails on my friend and it went really well. She has lovely nails so no extension required and they look really lovely and have been on for 5 days with no reported problems so far. I also had to do 1 of mine before I Shellaced as I managed to rip one of my nails off in between taking L&P off and applying the Shellac so i needed a tip but i kept the length shortish (CND Velocity tips). But the next day when i was flushing the toilet (one of those little circles in the top of the cistern that you have to press down rather than a handle) the whole tip with the gel on top came clean off. I was surprised at how easily it seemed to come off with no trauma to the nail at all. Are there any other things that could have been wrong other than the apex not being strong enough? When I was wearing L&P they only ever came off with extreme trauma and then they really snapped off painfully.

I used velocity tips with gelbond and blended well, then used the air dry Brisa Bond, clear pink as a bonder layer, then another layer of clear pink as the builder layer and apex built (tho i suspect not enough), then the finishing gloss

My nails feel soft since taking the l&p off, could this have caused a problem? I always used to wear gels (Biosculpture and Brisa) fine so i dont believe my nails dont suit gels.......

It sounds to me like the stress area needs building up more, also length and lifestyle comes into play with nail enhancements.

Be thankful the nail broke !! I have done the same thing before when it didn't and it was painful.

The apex was not built well enough. Harder to tell with gel than when using L&P. There is a tendency to paint on gel instead of really properly building a 3 dimensional structure that will withstand pressure. Many gel nails are not well constructed.

I always place a 'log' of gel down the centre of the nail and work off that to each side so that I have a central vertical apex down the whole length of the structure. This builds both balance and beauty and strength.

Thank you both, its what i suspected. I did try to build the apex but it was the first time i had done an all pink enhancement rather than a sculpted white and pink and I found it more difficult to build. I see what you mean Geeg - like on the Brisa DVD? I'll give that a go, i didnt want to get ahead of myself but think i would need to try that in this circumstance. Thx again :)

Latest posts

Back