Brisa help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Layrex9

Reaction score
Dear All,

I went to do my Brisa Induction the other day as I am new to gels. I have used Bio-Sculpture gel before but found Brisa quite different. The results were really good but was a bit suprised to find that my model had slight lifting on two of her nails. I prepped properly in class to my knowledge, and I'm wondering - would the lifting be caused by touching the skin or anything else? I am going to book onto a skill-building course soon. The lifting thing just baffled me because I seem to have just cracked no lifting in L&P!!

Many thanks,

Lydia

If the product was slightly touching the skin it couldve been the cause of the lifting! Not thorough enough prep etc hth's a bit xx

With any gel system if the product is applied too near to the sidewalls and touching the skin you will get lifted product, Always prep throughly and apply gel leaving a margin between the sidewalls and the product being used. The mistake lots of techs make when new to gel is to try and apply the gel with brush strokes used when varnishing, applying gel is a totally different technique and one that takes a while to perfect.

I wonder if perhaps I applied it a little thickly on the second layer (after bonding layer) and this could have been when it slid down perhaps? I found gel really funny after L&P it doesn't seem to go where you want it to go and mine looked such a mess when I put it on! Does this get better with practice? The finished product looks amazing, it just looked ropey when I was applying! Is this normal? :cry:

I wonder if perhaps I applied it a little thickly on the second layer (after bonding layer) and this could have been when it slid down perhaps? I found gel really funny after L&P it doesn't seem to go where you want it to go and mine looked such a mess when I put it on! Does this get better with practice? The finished product looks amazing, it just looked ropey when I was applying! Is this normal? :cry:

If your builder layer flooded onto the cuticle/sidewalls then yes this would contribute to lifting.

Did you really 'scrub' your bonder layer in?

Trust me the application of Brisa will get better. I too remember looking at my 'cured' first few sets and thinking OMG they look fine after filing but terrible before hand.

Now I only need to refine the surface, and love applying Brisa, infact I think that I might now prefer it to L&P.

Keep practicing and it won't take long to learn to love it :hug:

Latest posts

Back