Brisa Lite Build It course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They're lovely! I had to do French on my training day! Ended up with these. Took forever and I wasn't really happy with them!

View attachment 63105

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek mobile app

They look good to me :).
So when you do French did you do the white or pink first? X

They look good to me :).
So when you do French did you do the white or pink first? X

I did the white first in a wedge shape to form the apex then put the pink down the middle of the nail in a sausage shape and feathered it out to the sides and pushed it just up to but not over the white.
She showed me several ways of doing it:
Use a tip, white then pink.
Sculpt a thin layer of clear to form a tip, white then pink.
Sculpt the tip in just white then pink.
The purple ones in the picture earlier I just sculpted using clear.
I like the look of yours done all in pink. xx

I fancy having a go at French, need to find someone to practise on :).
That pink is very pretty on its own, looks very natural.

They have no course dates near me yet :( will keep checking xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

They have no course dates near me yet :( will keep checking xx

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Awwww, no! They didn't have any at Leeds when I enquired but they took the dates I was available and one of their educators was free that day so they arranged the course for that day and I was able to go. There was only me there on the day too. Might be worth an ask. xx

Finally got to use my training this morning! Client was gutted when she broke her nail but was really chuffed when I fixed it for her! 😀
Not perfect, but I'm definitely more confident.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1399135298.440419.jpg

I find the trick with brisa lite is not to over work it, it does self level (yet it doesn't run into the cuticles)
When I first started I was taking forever and I found it really hard to get them perfect then 1 day it just clicked that I was trying too hard!
if you sculpt it look from every angle to make sure there are no low points if there is just touch a higher point with your brush and drag a 'string' into the low point, do this a couple of times, and leave it!!! it will smooth and self level :)

Also a point is that you dont swipe your brush down the nail like with a normal polish, you gently pulse your brush and pull and push product. If you go to the course with this in mind I think you will do a lot better :)

I find the trick with brisa lite is not to over work it, it does self level (yet it doesn't run into the cuticles)
When I first started I was taking forever and I found it really hard to get them perfect then 1 day it just clicked that I was trying too hard!
if you sculpt it look from every angle to make sure there are no low points if there is just touch a higher point with your brush and drag a 'string' into the low point, do this a couple of times, and leave it!!! it will smooth and self level :)

Also a point is that you dont swipe your brush down the nail like with a normal polish, you gently pulse your brush and pull and push product. If you go to the course with this in mind I think you will do a lot better :)

That is absolutely what I was doing on my training day! Kat kept saying, just leave it alone! I am getting used to handling the product now and trying not to play with it too much! The thing I do find tricky is fitting the form so it's snug and no product can get underneath. I am such a perfectionist and hate not getting it right. Need to have more faith in myself and just keep practicing. I really want to learn enhancements properly now, though!

Latest posts

Back