Brisa Lite came off!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxx

Reaction score
Done a ladies nails just over a week ago and 4 in total have came off!!! I use all CND products and have been on training, her nails aren't badly damaged but did use to have acrylics on and has a young daughter but the nails sent forcefully coming off.

She is booked in layer so I can look at them but I'm not sure what else to do!

I applied the tip, base coat, one layer of gel and build that apex and feather out to zone 1 and 3, file and buff over and applied shellac.

Would I be better applying two coat of gel? I'm worries of making them too thick and then worried makin them too thin !

Please any advice would be very much appreciated!

Did you use the Sculpting Gel not Smoothing?
Have you got CND lamp and checked bulb life + all working properly
Have you done the Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel Training?
Did you use a clear tip to allow the gel to cure properly?
Didn't quite understand you explanation do you mean you did a base layer of gel then cure, then a second layer to build the shape?

Not sure how it would work with nail prep if you are using tips as with Brisa Lite you normally don't need to etch/buff the nail or use primer but presumably you may need to do these depending on which tip adhesive you are using. Seems a shame as then you miss out on some of the benefits of brisa lite....so I'm just wondering why you would tip and not sculpt?

The Brisa Lite technical questions thread is really helpful and covers many of the troubleshooting and FAQ questions.. here's the link.

http://www.salongeek.com/nail-geek/...t-brisa-lite-removable-gel-answered-here.html

Tips are used on the CND Video released to introduce Brisa Lite Sculpting Gel. (See Youtube).

Sorry wrote in a rush so probably wasn't the best at explaining.

I use all CND products from tips to glue, base coat, uv lamp, even CND brushes. Been on a training course end of march for brisa lite convention as I had done NSI acrylic before. All lamps are fine bulb life is fine, no other problems with other services.

I PEP'd the nail by filing free edge, cuticle away and soapy water, towel dry, scrub fresh. I applied the velocity tips in clear, tailored each tip, blended applied to nail and removed the shine. Scrub fresher and applied brisa lite base coat. Applied gel in clear to zone 2 and feathers out to zone 1 and 3 cured and filed and buffed applied x2 shellac colour coats and shellac top coat.

I'm putting it down to inexperience with gel and her lifestyle.

Any tips or advice?

Hi, the only thing I can see in your description that I wouldn't have done is scrubfresh before applying the tip. I was taught at my BL training to scrubfresh AFTER applying the tip as it doesn't always adhere properly to a scrubfreshed nail. Apart from that, if she's using her lovely new nails to open cans with then that might explain it!!

Here are a couple pics of her nails.

In total 5 came off so has decided to remove them. A bit disappointed that iv lost myself a new client but I'm very new to gels.

Would you apply a layer of gel on top first and then a second layer of gel and build the apex with it? How thick is too thick?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367050019.336549.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367050019.336549.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 538
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367050040.894360.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367050040.894360.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 566
Thats a gorgeous colour! What is it?

It may be nothing that you are doing , your client may be rough in her hands and do they are coming off because of that .

We're her nails bitten or really short?

I personally would prefer to sculpt Brisa lite to allow maximum contact with the gel and the nail. this would give a it more strength than a tip covering 1/2 of the nail.

the nails are very pretty but the apex looks like it's too far forward. It needs to be back in Z2 where it will give most strength.

You could try applying one coat fairly evenly after the base and flash cure. Then apply more of a bead at the apex and let it settle with minimal 'feathering'. Flash cure 2 nails. It should stay in the right place then

Her nails were surprisingly in an good condition for having acrylics on. She's had nothing on for 2 months.

@ellebelle I have heard sculpts are stronger on a few threads so will try to sculpt more. The only reason I haven't been doing much of it is that on training was tolt forms are best for flat nails and CND velocity tips suit majority of nails.

@mum thnk you for the advice. Also on training was told that if it is flash cured it hardens the top and uncured underneath so when you go to fully cure for 2mins it has to work harder to work through the hard film and it may not fully cure.

I may be reading too much into it but will definitely take on board all advice!

Hi I have tried all sorts of combinations with brisa lite smoothing and sculpting with several clients but it just chips at the free edge taking nail plate with it!

I posted this photo the other day on what nails are you sporting and applied x2 thin layers of smoothing x2 very thin cream puff, additives, top coat, konad and top coat and chipped the same day and the day after almost all were chipped!

Don't know what's going on!!!

**sorry forgot to add the picture

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367530386.464484.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1367530386.464484.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 434
This may b a stupid question but are you making sure you really cap the ends? Also are you ever filing the free edge after you have finished your manicure? Just ive seen people do that before and it means there more likely to chip!!
Also when I do brisa lite sculpting gel Ive been taught to do brisa lite base coat, scultping gel, buff, brisa lite top coat then apply your shellac!!
xx

This may b a stupid question but are you making sure you really cap the ends? Also are you ever filing the free edge after you have finished your manicure? Just ive seen people do that before and it means there more likely to chip!!
Also when I do brisa lite sculpting gel Ive been taught to do brisa lite base coat, scultping gel, buff, brisa lite top coat then apply your shellac!!
xx

If you are shellacking over the top of the sculpting gel enhancement you don't need to use the BL topcoat just proceed with the 2 coats of shellac colour on top of your enhancement then finish with shellac top coat.

To the op you haven't said that you're using the BL basecoat before the smoothing gel so if you've omitted this it could be why it's chopping. Also I only ever use 1 coat of smoothing gel. Hth

I had a few problems with brisa lite coming off clients. At first I thought it was me but I soon found out that the clients that had converted from acrylic to Brisa were using their nails as tools ( they could get away with it with acrylics) but Brisa lite is not as strong as acrylics and will break.
When I started charging these clients for a full set every time they came back having lost a few and pulling the rest off ( despite all my aftercare advice etc) it was amazing how well they started to stay on!
So in this circumstance it just took a bit of time for them to learn what they can and can't do with Brisa enhancements.

I have got the same with a new client who has been used to having acrylic l&p nails. She has lost 5 nails in a week. Followed all the correct procedures. I have asked her to come into me tomorrow so I can assess her nails. I did tip them not sculpt, and from what she has said its where the tip was that has broken. Its either I haven't built her apex enough for her or she is extra heavy handed. Typical!

Latest posts

Back