Brisa Sculpts using clear only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladybird

Reaction score
Using BL sculpting in clear for short extensions would you do it in one layer building apex or in stages like as if doing pink and white?

Last night i did a set of extensions with shellac on top.

I did it in 3 stages - ie base coat , base layer,extension edge, then apex

Client just texted that one broke (her fault- while lifting heavy file - I'm gonna repair but am wondering if I should do it all in one layer??

Am bit disheartened :-(

Here is a picture -

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366899691.587227.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1366899691.587227.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 195
Anyone? I'm about to do the repair and any advice would be greatly welcomed :)

I'm the opposite of you lol.

I did a couple of repairs last week with BL sculpting.
I sculpted out in a thin layer of clear with a thin coating over the nail plate.
Then I used the pink sculpting gel all over building an apex too....all in the one go ;)
I felt doing it that way I faffed too much, overworked the gel, and my apex was too far back and there was a slight dip just where zone 2 & 1 met, added more gel, but I was still not happy. This was on my hairdressing sister so they lasted over the weekend, but only another 2 days once she was back at work :rolleyes:

Next time I will still sculpt out in clear, then I will apply my pink as if it was pink and white doing zone 1 first and cure, then zones 2 & 3.

I would use the pink for nails that I'm putting Shellac on, only because it looks more natural from the back of the nail although clear works too :)

Hope this helps

I've got Brisa sculpting on in clear (with shellac over the top) and I'm now on week 4 and apart from regrowth their doing fine. I did Brisa lite basecoat, then Brisa lite sculpting gel, building on this layer. Then wiped and refined with file then shellac etc. Hth

Thanks everyone - the enhancement was pulled when she lifted the heavy file and it cracked across the nail - very painful for client but no damage to natural nail.

I reapplied the gel in three stages curing in between and I'm happy with the end result (as is client)

I always do one thin layer and then 1 layer to build, then file and buff, then shellac .

I do the same as Maz, I'd never even considered pretending I was doing pink and white with the clear and building it up that way. Does anyone else do this? And is that the best way?

I do the same as Maz, I'd never even considered pretending I was doing pink and white with the clear and building it up that way. Does anyone else do this? And is that the best way?

It's what i was advised at my conversion course :)

Latest posts

Back